• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Me again...Copy II PC board

Arkhan

I have a Central Point Software Copy II PC option board here.......

the board itself is still bubble wrapped, and the original cable is still there. It comes with 3 different manuals, original software + backup copy, registration card, and obviously, the board itself!

... I believe it lets you read Apple disks in an IBM compatible PC...... :)

I was lookin to get 30$ or so for it if anyone is interested!

dancethetango50@yahoo.com <<< Email away!

More specifically, if you have the Central Point Deluxe Option Board (there's no "copyiipc" in the name), it copies protected diskettes, copies disks for a few other platforms, and also lets you read 400k and 800k mac-formatted diskettes in a PC (it has special programs to show the directory and also copy files).

BTW, just thought I'd chip in my $0.02US...These boards often sell on e*ay for upwards of $100.00. Last one to come up went for $89.00, so this is an excellent price for one. (I'd grab it myself, but I'd only flip it for a profit. I'd rather lay off and let someone here have it if they can actually use it).

EDIT: BTW again, I have a copy of Copy II PC software w/ manual I'll send free of charge to any member who buys this board (I'd soooo hate to see it go on [that cursed auction site]).
--T

Last edited:
Yeah, I sent an email but we'll see. I *REALLY* need to start archiving my software onto more reliable media.

I remember these boards but always wondered what the advantage
was.... personally I never found anything either COPYIIPC or COPYWRIT
software wouldn't copy. So why would you need hardware to do this ?

Because there was stuff that copyiipc or copywrite couldn't copy, of course.

Nowadays, I use mine with a network of cracking friends to transfer still-protected images over the internet so that they can be cracked and released into the wild. There are still many games and applications out there that have not been archived properly.

I wonder if anyone ever compiled a list of software that required
the hardware board to copy. I recall the game Sargon being one of the
tough games to copy, and it was only a later release of COPYIIPC software that would copy it.

Because there was stuff that copyiipc or copywrite couldn't copy, of course.

Nowadays, I use mine with a network of cracking friends to transfer still-protected images over the internet so that they can be cracked and released into the wild. There are still many games and applications out there that have not been archived properly.

BTW, just thought I'd chip in my $0.02US...These boards often sell on e*ay for upwards of $100.00. Last one to come up went for $89.00, so this is an excellent price for one. (I'd grab it myself, but I'd only flip it for a profit. I'd rather lay off and let someone here have it if they can actually use it).

EDIT: BTW again, I have a copy of Copy II PC software w/ manual I'll send free of charge to any member who buys this board (I'd soooo hate to see it go on [that cursed auction site]).
--T

Now now.... let's not exaggerate TOO much...

that last one went for $81-82, but it was SEALED IN BOX.

linkage

And yeah, I bid, but I wasn;t gonna go TOO high, seeing as I have a CompatiCard IV :)

Board still available? I'll take it just 'cuz...

T

Yeah. This ones unsealed and all so I figured my price is decent.

I have the Software mentioned for it and all....

and, its been sold :)

hurray

Still got Minix and a PCXT to get rid of!

and a Magnavox component TV tuner in box!

Back