• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Does anyone have an old version of DesqView

QuantumII

Veteran Member
Hi

I remember when I was a kid I had this ITT Xtra XT clone, and with it i had a floppy with an old DOS multitask/window manager software called DesqView.

I found some newer versions floating around on the net, but the version I want is really old, no fancy gui or anything. It came on a single 5,25" floppy.

Maybe it was version 1 or 2, I don't remember, it's over 15 years ago..

Do any of you have a floppy image/orginal floppy of this software ? (is it legal to ask ?)

version 2.7...

link

Thanks, but I already found that one. The one I think about is even older..
Also, in the opening dialog, the version I had before said "Santa Monica" where this version says "Marinal del Rey". (See screenshot)

Argh, I still kick myself for getting rid of that old XT clone.. I even had all manuals and original diskettes for DOS and everything.. (but, I was only 10 years or so at the time)

Attachments

• dvstart.JPG
    dvstart.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
Another site with some versions:

Thanks, but it seems that the second link contains only programs and utils to be used with DV, and not the software itself.

I have a copy of DESQ for the DEC Rainbow 100. DESQview is a later version that added compatibility with the IBM TopView environment. I currently don't have a copy available online, though. It was an interesting and effective multitasker.

DESQview/X is the pinnacle of DESQ development as it was a fully functioning X11 server on top of DOS. It could even run remote X11 apps if a network stack was present:

http://toastytech.com/guis/dvxxserv.gif - Remote Netscape in DV/X

Thanks! But.. there's a problem

It requires a serial number to install, which I don't have (obviously)

Do you have it ?

Back