• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I finally got kermit working on my kaypro2!!!!

cfenton

Experienced Member
oy! Well it took me about 10 months of slowly working on it, but I finally managed to get a working CP/M setup WITH a copy of kermit so I can finally send files from my desktop! I had to download a copy of kermit and a kaypro overlay in hex format, then send it to the kaypro in chunks using PIP and then stitch it all back together on the other end (with a healthy amount of text editing once it was on the kaypro, because the files got a bit mangled in the transfer). Anyhow, it finally works! woohoo!

Next project - Anyone have a ramdisk that works with the advent turbo-rom?

You mean the actual PHYSICAL RAMdisk?
Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for one - I have two, and wouldn't let them go for a pittance. Nice thing, is the TurboROM initializes the Advent RAMdisk on bootup, with no s/w required, from what I remember.

T

*sigh*, that's what I figured. Do you happen to have a schematic? It's probably not hard to build one. Now that I have my kaypro working properly, the first thing I want to do is make it faster =)

*sigh*, that's what I figured. Do you happen to have a schematic? It's probably not hard to build one. Now that I have my kaypro working properly, the first thing I want to do is make it faster =)

If ya wanna see it go really fast, take it up to the roof and drop it off! (Don't worry, it's a Kaypro...you won't bust it).

--T

Dude - get a K10 - they show up affordably all the time.

The other thing you'll need, is to set up a 486 or pentium with a 5.25" to transfer files with.

You'll be MUCH happier with a hard disk based kaypro - trust me!

T

Does anyone make a compact flash adapter for use as a hard drive? That would be ideal.

That ain't gonna be your issues - noone's done drivers for the Kaypros to use an IDE interface, like the GIDE. Sample software is out there, but either noone's done it, or noone's sharing.

T

Back