• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cyprus

tezza

Veteran Member
Hi Guys,

Just back from Cyprus, and hence may be able to contribute to this forum again...

No sign of vintage computers there but plenty of warm weather, sand, sea, cocktails, exotic food etc. etc...

These conference trips are hard work, but someone's gotta do it :)

Tez

Did you catalogue your collection before and after the trip, BTW?

LOL. Naa, the collection is safe under the care of the significant other. Annette likes some of these machines. She was most impressed with the Pet. She's a designer and she loved the retro-look of the whole thing.

Mind you, so do I!

Tez

Hm, can you actually say something has a retro look if it was made 30 years ago? I know it is splitting hairs and boils down to the eternal question what is retro, what is vintage and so on.

As for design, I bet she'd be drooling over the Commodore 8032-SK, 8296 and high-profile B-series 700/B256: rounded shape, separate keyboard, presumably once designed by a woman.

I've read the name Ira Velinsky. My guess is that she worked at Porsche industrial design (not the same as the car company), but at one point they broke the agreement with Commodore, she left the company and finished the design on her own.

Back