• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MP3 info please, easy I hope.

zane

KIDS! Thinking christmas now, can't keep them in the dark ages so to say with me.
So, is the MP3 still a viable format for music? Is that what an ipod uses?
I have this Pioneer inno, been sitting in the basement for months unused, it is new come to think of it.
It does XM, mp3 and wma.
I just do not want to give him it if it is a relic already.
Thx for any thoughts u can share.

mp3 is a universal digital music standard. Most any digital music player will play mp3s. Some players like the iPod also can play other formats. for instance, songs downloaded from the iTunes music store for an iPod are not in mp3 format. They are in an Apple proprietary format (.aac), but the iPod will also store and play music in the mp3 format. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1334?viewlocale=en_US

MP3 is still the hottest type of music file. It's become so popular, you can now even turn youtube videos and other stuff into MP3 files.

Cool deal. he wont look like a goober carrying one around then.
thx for the info.:)

MP3 is still #1 for the small players. The inno sounds like a great little player and includes XM satellite radio (which a lot of MP3 players don't). The amount of memory any of these players has is also a big selling point since many will play video files also. Kids are all about the latest and greatest, so who knows what they consider too old to be cool.

Back