• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

went and left an old washer...

Luzur

Experienced Member
...at our local dump and made a quick visit down to the electronicsection to my neighbour that works there, and came home with:

1 A600 (broken it seemed, got only a black screen when started)
1 1541 (not tested)
2 NES (one with Super Mario Bros in it)
1 boxed and complete 1530 datasette, in pretty mint condition.

so you could say im pretty much in the holiday spirits here :p

my friend wanted the A600 and the datasette, the rest i kept.

Nice find :) I still haven't explored our local dump for products like that yet. I need to befriend some local recyclers.

Our local dump has just gone all tight and nasty. No finds for the past few weeks, There was even something 19" with a load of switches on which I couldn't even get near. It may change, the chaps aren't happy!

I used to be able to get a lot of parts from Computers for Schools (Sasktel program), the retired fellows who volunteered there were very friendly. I'd go in and have a coffee with them, etc. I gleaned a couple HP Priorus servers on wheels over the years, amongst other oddball items they couldn't make use of. The people overseeing it changed a couple years ago though, and were not as friendly unfortunately. I think they figured I was taking their castoffs and selling them on ebay (which I wasn't).

When I was in the US, they had two freecycle courners (one for stuff and one for books and printed stuff), but unformally, you couldn't take anything from outside the freecyceling areas. Once I saw two doomed 5150's in apparently nice condition :( .

They have a freecycle courner on the dump here in Bergen too, but I haven't been there since my dad thew away his old car (and that's a looooong time ago, around 1996/1997 or something).

Back