• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Happy New Year!

tezza

Veteran Member
Happy New Year everyone! All the best for 2009.

The vintage computing projects planned for this year (2009).

- Fix my Pet (or replace motherboard) and get some Pet Software
- Fix my ps/2 30-286 (or replace motherboard)
- Fix or replace my Kaypro Drive
- De-yellow those computers that need it
- Scan and upload the rest of NZ Bits and Bytes Magazine (up to end of 1996)
- Catalogue exactly what I've got.
- Try to get the remaining machines on my wanted list

Tez

- Scan and upload the rest of NZ Bits and Bytes Magazine (up to end of 1996)

Cool, people who put the effort into scanning manuals, magazines and other tidbits rock!

- Catalogue exactly what I've got.
- Try to get the remaining machines on my wanted list

Me too! I have a semi-complete list of what I got, and I fear it will always be that way, with new stuff coming in and old junk going out.

On my todo-list

- Fix the PDP-8 :D
- Get the old SGI's running on my network.

Also, I'm becoming chairman (or whatever it is called) in the local computer club. That will probably take some time, but its gonna be fun :)

Happy new Year everyone!

Wow, happy new year to you all. So what's it like in 2009? I'm still in 2008 for another 11 hours.

Wow, happy new year to you all. So what's it like in 2009? I'm still in 2008 for another 11 hours.

Err..well I put that New Year's message up after I got home from a party (about 1am or so) and now it's 7.45am.

At the moment 2009 can be best described as "seedy". (*rummaging around for the asprin*)

Tez

Well, a bit over 3 hours left of 2008 here. I'm going to stay at home to keep the cat calm, and have some of all that whiskey that's been sitting on the shelf too long. :)

Plans for 2009:
- Find new job (how fun...)
- Get some more of my Sun gear running, and replace x86 where possible
- Get the MicroPDP 11/73 running
- Set up a backup server with redundant HDD:s and one or two DLT:s
- Buy a new apartment (I hope)
- Go get those Alphaservers that I left behind a couple of weeks ago

barythrin wrote:

The Sky's turned Red!! :-o ;-)

No, it's just cold, windy and cloudy - last year 2008 I was roasting my butt off! Makes a nice change for the start of the year though.

The funnest thing - while I've got a job, I still get a list of Jobs for my area of interest and I get another one this morning - as if it was telling me something! :-o

It's getti'n close here in Scandinavia. People have been sending up fireworks all night (and day) so far, but it's far from the amount sent up at midnight.

Just one hour, seven minutes and 10 seconds left...

It's neat seeing the diversity in timezones amongst the board. New years is about 7 hours 15 minutes away for us in Central (US) time zone right now.

Godt Nyttår til alle fra Skandinavia!
and a happy new year to everybody else!

This yearchange, fireworks with steering-pin was illegal in Norway, however, Sombody kept some from last year. Anyways, we usually don't buy fireworks (we can see the whole area from a hill just by our house :mrgreen: ). It's magnificent to see nearly everybody shooting up fireworks at the same time!

5 hours and 15 minutes from here until New Years and Happy New Years to those who have seen it and are still waiting for it.

My 2009 plans include opening a Bricks and Mortar place to do, besides other things, Vintage Computer repairs. Target date is the end of February.

Happy new year again! Now we are 1 hour and 48 minutes in to 2009 here in Sweden. The cat is sleepy, I am half drunk and the bed is full of SCSI cables. :happy1: Happy days.

Feliz año nuevo! There are roughly 2 hours 'til the New year here, but People have been Celebrating since Yesterday. And they'll keep celebrating for 2 more days (It's incredible, the whole country shuts down)

They're setting off a lot of Homemade "fireworks". They're Really just things that go "Kaboom!", not really any coloring to them, and they only go 6 feet up. I figure they're made with Gunpowder. They're also setting off Big Show-Grade Fireworks about 200 feet off the ground, in the park (No Safety Regulations in this Country!). It Sounds like An Artillery Barrage downtown.

Feliz año nuevo para todo gente en la Forums de Antiguo Computadoras!

Thanks to everyone for a good year. This is a nice community, although I've only been around here for a few months, I've actually learnt a couple of things from reading everyone's posts.

Terry Yager wrote: I hate the International Date Line!!!
Actually I haven't called it lately....

Happy New Year everyone!

Back