• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Digital AXPpci 33 Alpha mainboard

SunDown79

Veteran Member
This has been sitting in a box for years and haven't done anything with it so it can go.
I have never tried this board but optically wise it looks like new.
It has an Alpha processor included but no idea what type (no markings on the bottom).
There are some installation notes included and a Windows NT Installation floppy (and all in the original digital box).

Open for offers.

Pictures can be found here : http://picasaweb.google.nl/stefan.mnsr/AXPpci33#

I have one of those in the garage.
Nice systems.

They were one of the first PCI-based Alpha systems, and were generic AT-Case (NOT ATX) mainboards for OEM's to build alpha clones. They came with 166/200/233MHz processors, but a 166 could be safely overclocked to 200MHz by adding a fan on the heatsink. My 166 has been at 200MHz since about 1998 or 1999.

It supports 128MB RAM (4 x 72-pin slots) at minimum, as I have 4 x 32MB SIMMs on mine, and has an onboards SCSI. Mine has a 4.3GB Seagate Hawk, running OpenVMS from about 5 years ago. With the proper video card (mine has some sort of S3 video card) you can even get DECWindows to work. Standard PC video card, though, but VMS/DECWindows has limited drivers. The S3 I have in mine was one of the limited :)
This can also run Earlier OSF/1 or Tru64 Unix' as well. Needless to say, there SHOULD be a Linux or 2 that it can run.

Obviously, 200MHz with 128Mb RAM ain't much, so take it at face value.

T

noname board

noname board

I have one of those in the garage.
Nice systems.

They were one of the first PCI-based Alpha systems, and were generic AT-Case (NOT ATX) mainboards for OEM's to build alpha clones. They came with 166/200/233MHz processors, but a 166 could be safely overclocked to 200MHz by adding a fan on the heatsink. My 166 has been at 200MHz since about 1998 or 1999.

It supports 128MB RAM (4 x 72-pin slots) at minimum, as I have 4 x 32MB SIMMs on mine, and has an onboards SCSI. Mine has a 4.3GB Seagate Hawk, running OpenVMS from about 5 years ago. With the proper video card (mine has some sort of S3 video card) you can even get DECWindows to work. Standard PC video card, though, but VMS/DECWindows has limited drivers. The S3 I have in mine was one of the limited :)
This can also run Earlier OSF/1 or Tru64 Unix' as well. Needless to say, there SHOULD be a Linux or 2 that it can run.

Obviously, 200MHz with 128Mb RAM ain't much, so take it at face value.

T

I run 256MB in one of these boards, so it may be related to firmware, and I did add a fan on top of the heatsink, runs very cool. As far as linux, right now I run centos 4.3, is a bit slow, but in text mode is OK.

cheers,
daniel
;-)

Back