• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PS/2 Model 60/80 floppy drive

worldexpress

IBM PS/2 Model 80 386 for Sale (never used BRAND NEW in box)
*** ALL SOLD OUT *** THANKS EVERYONE WHO PICKED ONE UP ****
*** I STILL HAVE THESE MONITORS , HOWEVER , ANYONE ? ANYONE ? ***

13" IBM PS/2 Color Display (never used BRAND NEW in box)
MODEL NUMBER IBM 7544 ... dimensions are 49x49x39 ... 13 INCH
QTY available for Sale: 34 Monitors
Pictures available
Price: Be$t offer (shipping not included)

contact me @ 631-650-1401 x302 or e/m // I.M. for any questions ... The units are housed in my facility in Vestal, NY , zip code: 13850

Attachments

• MONITOR FRONT TOP LEFT LOGO.JPG
    MONITOR FRONT TOP LEFT LOGO.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MONITOR FRONT VIEW.JPG
    MONITOR FRONT VIEW.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 2
  • TOWER.JPG
    TOWER.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
  • TOWER MODEL NUMBER TAG.JPG
    TOWER MODEL NUMBER TAG.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 2
  • TOWER SERIAL NUMBER.JPG
    TOWER SERIAL NUMBER.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yes still have these ...

Yes still have these ...

Yes still have these ... sold ONE system so I'm down to seven , let me know if you are inteterested ... yoiu can call me at 631-650-1401 x302 or e/m me at gtsepetis@weelectronics.com, thank you

Model 80's are nice, hope somebody snags them before they get recycled (I have 2 loaded ones with upgrades).

Wow, I'm amazed that there are NIB model 80's still around. I used to be a Network Admin for IBM, and managed a couple hundred of these...

Oh the horror of the MCA bus and Token Ring... lol...

Bought one!

Bought one!

I was the buyer of one of his systems. I can't wait to get it! I'll post specifics (specs, etc) when it arrives.

I got mine!

I got mine!

Alright kids, I got my brand-new IBM PS/2 Model 80, and have made un-boxing videos for you all to see. I've posted them on my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/bbishoppcm

A few things; these machines will need new clock batteries to run properly. The Model 60 and 80 use a 6v two-cell camera battery, which is still available in most stores.

My unit was a "factory reconditioned" unit, which means that it was sold, and returned for some reason. The unit was built in late 1990, then refurbished and resold to a moving company (but never unboxed) in late 1991. After unpacking everything, there is absolutely no indication that this unit had ever seen the light of day, let alone repackaged. For all intents and purposes, these units really are BRAND NEW! Check out my videos.

Cool ... you happy , anyone else ? I have 7 full systems left ...

How much are you charging for shipping? What would be a resonable offer?

I know I'm ignorant :)

I e-mailed him and he said the best he could do is perhaps $50 each plus $25 shipping.

I could prolly do this if I saved up some money, but right now I have only a gift card with $37 left on it and a $5 bill to my name, literally. Other monies are living monies, so no go there. :(

I'd love one of these too, I could find some nice upgrades around and turn it into something nice running Linux or WFW.

I ordered one of these yesterday! I'm really anxious to get it.
Have you seen bbishoppcm's youtube video? He looks like a little kid on Christmas Day opening his presents.

I was going to run OS/2 on this model 80 the IBM way since it also has MCA.

I was thinking obout installing OS/2 also. I already have it on a couple of other PS/2's. I remember when OS/2 came out with version 2.0. I installed it on a Zenith 386 machine and it ran rather well. I loved OS/2. The GUI combined with Stardock's Object Desktop was way better than Windows 3.1 or Windows 95. It ran rings around Windows 3.1 and was much more stable. For those not familiar with OS/2, it will run DOS apps and most Windows 3.1 applications better than Windows does.

I am also considering installing AIX ver. 1.3. Has anybody had any experience with this OS?

The 60's are nice, I have one. Hope the floppy drives function. You have the original ESDI drives in them?

The #041 has a good psu, floppy and mainboard, nothing else installed. The #071 has an untested psu and floppy, good mainboard and original ESDI. All I know about the drive right now is that it spins up ok. Haven't checked it any further.

Currently, they are both a (really slow) work in progress.

I ran into a problem trying to install OS/2 1.3EE onto the 60 (I think it was) because the install disks didn't know what to do with SCSI, just ESDI which I didn't have (have controller cards but no drives). I prefer SCSI anyway since I have a small stack from upgraded old Macs.

Back