• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

telnet ansi bbs - convolution.us

convolution

Hello All,
Per the description of this particular forum, I've recently brought my BBS Convolution back online. It's a free BBS with message networks, door games (Legend Of The Red Dragon, BRE, Tradewars 2002, Clans, etc.), ANSI artpacks, and more.

You can telnet://convolution.us

A free and good ANSI telnet client (mTelnet) can be downloaded at the BBS website http://www.convolution.us

Well, just stop by if you want to remember a bit of the pre-internet days (no I'm not selling anything!)

Cheers!
Jonathan

I just thought I'd have a quick look. I didn't log in, but it looks good at the front end.

BTW, the mTelnet client is 32 bit and will need an extender, just in case anyone was thinking of trying it with DOS-16. :)

yes, i suppose it is a 32 bit program. anyways, stop on by - i just setup some more message networks ane league games (bre, lord, clans).

- basis

Cool,

What I used to love about BBS's (as opposed to the web) is that you'd be exploring away and suddenly the Sysop would break in and scare the hell out of you :)

Ah, tying up the phone line for hours much to the spouse's consternation. Those were the days.

Tez

lol, I don't think it ever scared the crap out of me but I enjoyed chatting with the SysOps. I used to see if they were there once and a while once we got closer as far as talking, then of course that'd pause your minutes or they'd be nice and jack your minutes for the session or game up for you. Even better maybe modify your cash or points in a door or something.

Anyway, I miss that era too.. and maybe I'll sign in later and play a little tradewars :) You have Usurper? I know LORD is more advanced and probably better but for whatever reason I liked Usurper more.

Just curious but where in the world are we going to connect to Convolution?

Convolution is down a long, overgrown, ethernet cable that eventually ends in Macungie, Pennsylvania.

Don't worry - I try not to jump in to SysOp chat and scare anybody (especially during a BRE or LORD spree).

Got some new league games up and more are on the way.

Let me know if you have any suggestions - and have fun.

lol I'm gonna figure out a way to log into BBSes from my crapberry (bleh OT corporate technology grumble). That'd be a way cooler lunch break, some ansi animated screens and blowing up ferengi or slaying trolls in the dungeons.

I have an iPhone and tried the various telnet clients (iSSH seems to be the best) but it doesn't handle ANSI BBSes too well. I've been bugging the developer to add support - but it's been a few months.

I would bet that a windows mobile PC could run mTelnet fairly easily - but one with a physical keyboard would probably be better then a touch screen as it takes up too much real estate.

Back