• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for Canadian collector in Ottawa/Gatineau area.

blueshark

Hello!... While browsing for a vintage PC collectors' site, I found this one by fluke also. I've been saving a few items in my basement, hoping that they might be worth a few bucks. I'm looking for a collector living in the Ottawa area. I'll have to junk the following items soon if a don't find a buyer:

AST Premium/286 1986 model, includes an ASTKB101 keyboard, 40 Mb disk drive type 47, 1 Mb RAM, 1.2 Mb 5.25" floppy disk, user's manual and some diskettes. Computer crashed almost 20 years ago, when I last used it.

1987 model NEC Multisync color monitor model JC-1401P3A.

NEC mouse.

Also, two Nintendo machines, model NES-001 with power supplies, 4 control pads and 3 games.

Would anyone be interested in buying?

Thank you!

Druid6900,

Thanks for the reply... I go to Brampton about 5 times a year... Unfortunately, Hamilton is too far out of the way for me. In your honest opinion, how much are these items worth anyway?

Blueshark.

Well, since I want it, I can't be counted as an unbiased opinion (in my favour), so, I'll wait to see what numbers other people come up with.

I wouldn't expect you to drop it off. I'd pay for shipping of the monitor via Canada Post.

Hello again,

I will accept $35.00 Cdn. (certified cheque or cash mailed to me prior to shipping) for the monitor plus shipping, unless someone else offers much more very very soon... Regarding shipping, I don't know if Canada Post will accept C.O.D. for such a heavy item: about 35 lbs. I just found a box for a 19" monitor that I can use for shipping. Since you own a business, you probably know about shipping. How do you usually proceed? Thanks.

Well, when I ship a monitor, I usually put a VERY thick layer of sponge foam on the bottom of the box and then insert the monitor CRT down on this.

The rest of the box should be packed to overflowing with foam peanuts and then crush them down and tape the box shut so that the monitor is, essentially, immobilized.

The BEST way, though, is to ship it using the box-within-a-box method.

Do you take PayPal, by any chance? Nothing personal, but, you haven't been on here long enough to build up a reputation and I haven't even seen anything saying that it works and/or seen pictures of it working. At least, with PayPal, we both have some protection.

I'm not about to send a certified cheque to someone for something I've never even seen and sending cash in the mail is against postal regulations.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here and, if you DO think so, then I'll pass on it.

Druid6900,

I have the original box for an 19" monitor, with styrofoam padding. In can add packed newspapers to secure the monitor. I don't have PayPal but will look into it. They probably keep a percentage, right? I will try to set up the old PC with the monitor and take a picture of the screen, then post it for you. I stopped by the Post Office this morning. I estimate that the box with the monitor weighs about 18 kg. The dimensions are about 56 cm x 51 cm x 51 cm. (W x D x H). They could not give me an exact C.O.D. estimate to Hamilton, but they say it might be between $75.00-$90.00. :-(
They suggested that I check with Fedex, Purolator, etc. I will, and keep you informed.

Thanks.

Thank you, that would be appreciated

You can also cut the box down to a more manageable size by cutting the corners down between the top flaps an equal amount and then folding them at that point.

I sure hope the couriers have better prices, because, at $110 to $125 total cost, it's currently, not very appealing. I sent a whole 2 drive Model 4 from here to Wisconsin, insured for $400, for $69 CAD using expediated parcel and it's considerably bigger and heavier than a 14 inch monitor.

Which type of connector does the JC-1401P3A have ?

It's a VGA monitor, right ?

No, it appears to be a CGA/EGA monitor with a 9-pin connector. Seems to have 3 colour text ability as well.

I really only need it to test the TTL output on CGA and EGA cards that I have only been able to test through the composite outputs.

Back