• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Cost of shipping: Commodore C2N Cassette drive offered

Location of Commodore items

Location of Commodore items

uhm, from where?

It would fit my PET, but..

Jorg,

I wished I spoke the language and lived where you did, but no, I am in the U.S.A. I clean forgot about the foreign posters on the VCFs (after telling a resident of a German town I liked the way it sounded yesterday). Sorry. The tape deck takes 120 volts.

Sean

Does the thing work? I still have one game on tape from when I had a C64 back in the 80's and would like to play it again.

I am in the US.

Does the thing work? I still have one game on tape from when I had a C64 back in the 80's and would like to play it again.

I am in the US.

Well, my Commodore is buried, and I've just started to work on the accumulation around the house. I supose I could hang onto the deck and see if it loads my terminal program - unless it's for the VIC, which I think it is. Maybe it'll load anyway. I think I know where the tape is.

Mechanically, the drive checks out. Switches stay down when they're suppossed to, they release when they are suppossed to. The copy protector works, and the counter works when you spin the right spindle.

I think perhaps in about two weeks I could test it. But I'm guesstimating that :)

Sean

The tape deck takes 120 volts.
No, it takes 5V from the host computer. As far as I know, there is absolutely no region difference on C2N tape recorders. On the other hand, they're dirt cheap so Jorg should be able to pick one up locally for nothing.

Jorg: if you want, I can send you one (European!!!) for the cost of shipping. It may be slightly lower than from the USA but perhaps not a big difference.

No, it takes 5V from the host computer. As far as I know, there is absolutely no region difference on C2N tape recorders. On the other hand, they're dirt cheap so Jorg should be able to pick one up locally for nothing.

Jorg: if you want, I can send you one (European!!!) for the cost of shipping. It may be slightly lower than from the USA but perhaps not a big difference.

Here in NZ they are common as mud and people can't give them away. Carlsson is right, they take their power from the computer.

They work very well on older PETs too.

Tez

Anders,

You are like the Lone Ranger :)

Sean

Here in NZ they are common as mud and people can't give them away. Carlsson is right, they take their power from the computer.

They work very well on older PETs too.

thats true for Scandinavia too, i have like 15 of the C64 decks of which 4 is boxed and 4 of the C2N Vic20/PET decks, been trying to give away a few and even threw the most shabby ones (without hatch/taped cable etc) awhile ago. and still i get like 2 of those datasettes with every Commodore package i pick up....

That would be very kind of you, but I need to start saying no- I promised myself to get rid of some stuff first (or wait until I moved house).
Now I already promised someone to pick up a nice 486 that he wants to dump, here we go again :)

If any, you know I'm still eying your 8050 drive for the PET (not for free) :)

Futhermore, a 8050 weighs ... well, many times more than a C2N does so even if item cost is not involved, shipping is. Anyway, we should stop harassing Sean's sales thread, although he may have found a buyer by now.

thats true for Scandinavia too, i have like 15 of the C64 decks of which 4 is boxed and 4 of the C2N Vic20/PET decks, been trying to give away a few and even threw the most shabby ones (without hatch/taped cable etc) awhile ago. and still i get like 2 of those datasettes with every Commodore package i pick up....

That is because every C64 sold overseas seems to have been with a tape drive. The only tape drive I seen here in the US was the one I owned when I got my C64 in the 80's (slightly used), everyone had disk drives here and all the software sold seems to have been on disks except for maybe a few early titles?

Yeah, over here we thought 4000 SEK (about 550 USD in late 1983) was expensive enough for the computer. If your choice of secondary storage device was a C2N for 550 SEK or a 1541 for 3500 SEK, most kids and families at first would only afford the tape recorder. Of course prices dropped over the years, so by the end of the 1980's almost everybody who still were using a C64 could afford a floppy drive.

Haven't weighed C2N yet.

Haven't weighed C2N yet.

[W]e should stop harassing Sean's sales thread, although he may have found a buyer by now.

Hi Gang,

I am a bit ashamed to admit I've made no progress towards finding the shipping cost of the C2N Cassette Drive. Also, the scuff marks wouldn't completely come off with Formula 409, and the marks on the window are wide scuffs. But after I get it's tare weighed I will notify the three people who expressed interest in chronological order. The thread will be updated if this item beomes unavailable.

I now return you to your normally scheduled conversation.

Thanks,
Sean

Back