• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Thinkpad 500 that needs a good home

cardo

I have 2 IBM Thinkpad 500s that I would like to sell. Only one of them works though. The other would just be for parts.
If anyone is interested send me a PM and I will round up a list of all the stuff I have.

Ya, sorry about the 2 years, forgot about my post on here. (hangs head in shame) Didn't remember until I was looking through my stuff and found the box.
I do still have them. If your interested I can take picks and give more details on accessorizes and such.

Also have 2 Toshiba 486 lappys with color screens. (one working, one parts box)

Last edited:
Thinkpad 500 can apparently mean anything from a 486 to a Pentium III - what models are these?

You misunderstand, I was hoping it was a 486, lol.

Unfortunately I'm not interested in monochromatic LCD devices unless they're being given to me for free, but I'm sure someone here would love to have it.

My dad bought one of these when they first came out... I remember it being the year of the "subnotebook". You know, the grandfathers of the so called "Netbooks" of today.

It was a great little machine, but I remember the screen going bad. I think it was just a loose connection or something (vertical lines).

cardo, if you posted a bit more details about the working unit it may spark more interest (even from me!)

A few pictures, what items your including with it (AC adapter, original OS disks, etc...)

Obscure/non-popular items sell best when there's enough detail to assist the imagination. ;)

Obscure/non-popular items sell best when there's enough detail to assist the imagination.
Good point

Here are a couple picks and more details of what you will get:
2 486 IBM Thinkpad 500s (one working, one for spare parts)
comes with:
2-AC/DC adapters + one AC cable (can use any standard computer AC power cable)
1-3 1/2" floppy disk drive w/cable
1-VGA adapter cable
1-(dead) NiMH battery
1-spare hard drive (I need to take a closer look at it to find the size)

Comes pre-loaded with windows 95 (sorry, I don't have the original OS)

SOLD!

Attachments

• IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back