• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB an A1200, A3000, or A4000

I dont really know much about Amiga Hardware, but my bare minimums are:

Complete motherboards
floppy Drive
Cd drive if no floppy present

Please Pm me if you have one I live in the US, will consider if below $300, maybe higher I use paypal, but I may be slow in reply. i'd prefer it without extras. please no spam, thank you!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. :)

Just so you know for future use, we do have a "Hardware Wanted" forum here as to not clog up this forum full of posts like this.

CD-ROM is very unusual with Amiga hardware. It certainly does exist, but would in most circumstances be a SCSI CD-ROM. Floppy drive on the other hand is obligatory.

ok, well my purpose for such a purchase is to use MorphOS and AmigaOS old and new on nartive hardware, i'm planning on getting a PPC card after a while, but if it's SCSI, that's even better than the IDE or proprietary interface I expected, I know the most recent release is PPC native, so all I really want is the tower with the motherboard, the floppy and what ever is standard for RAM, I can get that all separately. i've got plenty of connections, so getting the rest will be easy, I'm looking for a deal.

If you need it to be a tower, then most likely you are not going to find any for under $300. A towered A1200 tends to be pricey and 3000T and 4000T systems are very expensive since they are very rare.

If you can deal with a desktop then you can find a 1200 on ebay for $200ish stock, 3000 and 400 for more then that.

Yeah, I was going to offer up my A3000T Dev Edition with CD drive, all original manuals and disks and all the trimmings, but then I saw the "looking for a deal" snippet from the original poster. I don't know about "deal", but mine'll certainly go for more than $200. :)

]3ob

desktop would be fine, i don't care about yellowing, dings or scratches, cosmetic stuff, all I care about is if it works out of the box, and just for curiosity, onemanband, how much would you want?

CD-ROM is very unusual with Amiga hardware. It certainly does exist, but would in most circumstances be a SCSI CD-ROM. Floppy drive on the other hand is obligatory.

Not really true.
If it's an IDE capable system, ASIMCDfs works just fine.
SCSI or IDE, both are supported.

I think with either AmigaOS 3.5 or 3.9, forgot which, CD support came built-in, but as I recall, it was a sort of chicken-and-egg deal - you couldn't INSTALL the OS, which had CD support, it without cdfs access already :confused:

T

Just adding an obvious statement but just keep looking. You'll likely find a 3000 for somewhere around that price if you keep looking around auction sites. I know it's a tough search but eventually you'll get there.

- John

I have searched and found some, but I want some input from this forum, if you got one worth my while over my price, I can be flexible, but my real spending limit depends on how an ebay auction of mine goes, still open for replies

As for One Man Band's price, for what it is, it is not out of line.

As I recall, I think the 3000T's may be ever rarer than the 4000T, which came in (3) variants: The C= 4000T, the Escom 4000T, and the Amiga Technologies 4000T. The C= 4000T is probably the rarest of all the OEM "T's". By OEM, I mean *NOT* the 3rd party tower kits/conversions and the like.

T

If you're on a budget and not shy of a bit of work, you might consider putting a tatty old A1200 in a PC tower case. They have IDE on board, so a hard disk and CD-ROM are easily added. I did this myself a while back and, with a few choice upgrades, ended up with a pretty nice system.

how high speeds are the blizzard ppc cards in mhz if it's below 500mhz i really am not sure, but that's a great idea. I might try and contact this dude with a 3000T that got run over :(, and get my 2 extra Pc's combined into one. Anyone with an Amiga 1200, 3000 (T), 4000 (T) with a bad case or none at all may PM me

Last edited:
Sorry for a double post, but the only reason i wanted a tower was for the extra slots, but, with the amiga's board in a new case, would it be possible, to, make an expansion board with extra slots available, or else split an existing slot, or if it is much more than getting PCB made and tacking it on and go, i may not even attampt tarnishing such a jewel..., although I've never seen the inside of an amiga, so I'm clueless as to what card interface is used.

Does it have to be Zorro slots? Most people who tower a A1200 buy a PCI/Zorro bussboard and use cheap commodity PC sound, video, and networking cards (old ones that are supported anyway).

Back