• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

thinkpad 360ce not working with 256 colors

linuxlove

Veteran Member
well, after reading that my thinkpad can support 640x480 at 256 colors on screen i try it in windows 95's options. i reboot and i logon... and it tells me that my display options do not work with the display adapter or monitor. great. well, what do i need to do to get windows 95 to see that this laptop will support 256 colors?

well, the driver for teh video adapter is installed, however i don't know what monitor to choose in add new hardware.

driver

driver

It sounds like Win95 sees it as only a plain 16-color VGA on a basic VGA monitor.
Is it the actual thinkpad driver, or the Win95 driver ? There should be a driver pack on the CD, or on the IBM web site that has drivers for the video chip, the motherboard, and the inf file for the LCD screen.
patscc

ok, i may have found the problem: it's using western digital (512k) video drivers instead of WD90C24 drivers. however, doing a search for "WD90C24 drivers windows 95" turned up nothing. :( help anyone?

EDIT: found drivers for windows 3.x, but not windows 95.

Try ibm.com, they might still have the drivers. If I can find the power supply for my 360PE, I'll check if the driver is the same (it should be).

--T

IBM.com has no drivers. Driverguide has no drivers. The only hope I have now is for those people who still have stuff with a WD90C24 and win95 drivers... :eek:

i downloaded the drivers... no go. it's a shame that toshiba has such cryptic names like 982551.zip; you don't know what it will do x.x

then i did add new hardware with new hardware search, it found wester digital drivers and it... faled

I know this is a very old topic, but I found it anyway, and I want to share my experience with this chip:

256 colors in Windows 95/98 is possible, if you load the VESA-driver with config.sys as well. So: Install the driver for DOS, and load it, and you'll be able to use 256 colors in Windows 95/98.

Back