• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac screws

NeXT

Veteran Member
Well this was weird.
I got hold of a powermac G3 (blue and white) which had a Zip and DVD drive installed as well as an external firewire CD-rw drive (finally, something I can run Toast with) but the main problem with the system (I could care less about the fact the IDE controller blows) is that all the screws that hold the plastic panels on are missing. When I got the system, all that held everything on was masking tape. I have gone through my screw box and I can't find any similar thread screws. Does anyone know the threading on the original screws so I can go and buy new screws?

EDIT: Picture is worth a thousand words.
P3292605.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't have any screws... laughed pretty hard at that picture, though. I wonder if it would run better if you had duct tape wrapped all the way around it?

I wonder if it would run better if you had duct tape wrapped all the way around it?
I'm not that ghetto and I prefer to have a at least one mac which is not held together with in at least one place (EVERY mac I own needs tape to hold at least something broken).

I'll see if I can figure out what they are. I have a couple of those machines, at least one of which would be willing to part with a screw temporarily. (Too bad you didn't post six months ago, I threw out a near-mint condition chassis of one of those. No guts, just the chassis.)

I'll see if I can figure out what they are. I have a couple of those machines, at least one of which would be willing to part with a screw temporarily. (Too bad you didn't post six months ago, I threw out a near-mint condition chassis of one of those. No guts, just the chassis.)

Darn. I could of just bought the screws off you then.

Back