• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Feeling nostalgic....

Frozen001

Experienced Member
So I am feeling nostalgic... and I am looking for an older PC. I have looked on e-bay but man those prices are crazy... Basically looking for an old school 8088 type with a monochrome monitor and not break the bank... any ideas??

I'm sure several people here have systems like you describe. I know I do, but, some idea of where you are located would be good to see if shipping would be a deal breaker.

They didn't build them small and they didn't build them light, so, shipping is a major consideration.

So I am feeling nostalgic... and I am looking for an older PC. I have looked on e-bay but man those prices are crazy... Basically looking for an old school 8088 type with a monochrome monitor and not break the bank... any ideas??

Most the time, the shipping is far worse than the price of the item you buy on ebay.

Well most of the items on e-bay are asking $150-$200 with no monitor and then shipping is almost as much. That puts it upwards of $300-$400 which is just crazy...

If there's a local Freecycle group, try posting a "wanted" with them. It's amazing what people keep in their garages and attics.

While you're at it, return the favor and contribute something for reuse to the group. Folks are hurting nowadays.

Yea sorry about that located in upstate/central ny...

I live in Rome, NY. I will see if my school has any plans on getting rid of their old IBM AT clone. It has a Siemens 8 MHz processor, 640 KB ram, 30 MB hdd, and an IBM EGA screen. If they can give it to me, we can work out a deal. Let me know if you'd be interested.

I live in Rome, NY. I will see if my school has any plans on getting rid of their old IBM AT clone. It has a Siemens 8 MHz processor, 640 KB ram, 30 MB hdd, and an IBM EGA screen. If they can give it to me, we can work out a deal. Let me know if you'd be interested.
Defiantly interested... especially since we could be neighbors....

Ok guys - time to use the private message system. Look for it in the upper right corner of the main index page.

Back