• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amiga SCORE!

nblsavage

Experienced Member
I was looking at Craigslist and saw an ad for an A2000 with a A2320 Flicker Fixer, Hard Card w/ 1 GB drive, and a Apollo 2030 Turbo (25 MHz + 4 MB of RAM), and 3.1 ROM.
for $50. I answer the ad, find out it's still available and rush over to his house. When I'm there, not only do I get the computer but I get a large tote full of Amiga programming guides and several issues of Amiga World Tech Journal and AC's Guide To The Amiga.
Sounds like a great deal doesn't it?

It gets better. I reach in my pocket to get the money and he stops me and says that he only put the $50 in the ad because he wanted to make sure it went to someone who really wanted it. So I got all this for the bargain price of...nothing :)

And yes, she works perfectly. She's been well cared for, this one.

Very nice. That's cool to see people like that out there who care that their systems aren't just scrapped.

Fair play to him but his logic is faulty ,Someone who paid a measly $50 for an A2000 might want to sell it for parts or something.

Or gut it out for a PC mod !!!

That's a pretty sweet system though with the accelerator, etc. Yeah he sure underballed the value but regardless, it was probably better than a "free" posting implying it had no value.

I actually saw that posting too lmao (I occasionally search for stuff on CL in general, and sometimes see if it's a good deal if they'll ship it).

That's sweet. There are people out there who do have a sense of continuity of their platform. I had a similar experience during my PS/2 phase. Since I didn't have a car, the guy actually delivered to me a PS/2 8590 with 2 SCSI drives installed and 2 boxes including OS/2 Warp 3, RED and Blue, a ream of Ethernet and token-ring cards, Video cards, OS/2 programs and a bunch of documentation. I was overwhelmed and he declined, similarly, any payment. It's like being blessed by some unknown god.

Later on, Jim Butterfield, the Commodore Guru, a fellow Toronto Freenet member, and a neighbor of mine in Toronto, upon learning I was a computer collector, also dropped an Amiga 3000 on me and a box full of Amiga disks, and of course declining any payment.

The gods were smiling upon me as they were on you. Good stuff.

Lawrence

Fair play to him but his logic is faulty ,Someone who paid a measly $50 for an A2000 might want to sell it for parts or something.

Or gut it out for a PC mod !!!

Them's the breaks. Good intentions don't always turn out well. Nor does rational logic. I'll go for good intentions every time. It makes life more liveable. Faulty logic was discovered by accountants. Do you still beat your wife ?

Lawrence

Last edited:
Later on, Jim Butterfield, the Commodore Guru, a fellow Toronto Freenet member, and a neighbor of mine in Toronto, upon learning I was a computer collector, also dropped an Amiga 3000 on me and a box full of Amiga disks, and of course declining any payment.

The gods were smiling upon me as they were on you. Good stuff.

Lawrence

An A3000 from Butterfield? Impressive to say the least!

Free Amigas

Free Amigas

About three years ago I was given two A4000 toasters just to remove them and their support equipment. I could've also walked away with an additional two A2000 toasters but "dumpstered" them instead (a very foolish move).

About three years ago I was given two A4000 toasters just to remove them and their support equipment. I could've also walked away with an additional two A2000 toasters but "dumpstered" them instead (a very foolish move).

Must be nice. The only Free Amiga I ever snagged (had to pay shipping) was a 3000D.

They seem rare in Ohio for some reason.

Back