• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Computer Manual value???

annmarieintn

Hello There!

I am working between jobs for a nonprofit organization in TN. Someone donated to us the following manual and I am unable to find its value for resale.

Could anyone who knows about these let me know an estimated resale value for collectors? Or would you know how to locate information so I may obtain a value estimate?

Sperry Univac Coordinator Guide
Mapper 1100 Series 1100
Level 30R1
Run Designer Reference
Copyright: 1983
Made in the USA

This is a large manual consisting of printed papers in a black Sperry Univac three-ring binder. Binder looks like a classic binder that any corporation would use for storage.
Photos have been attached.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Mapper Catalog Pg 1 closeup.jpg
    Mapper Catalog Pg 1 closeup.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Sperry Spine2.jpg
    Sperry Spine2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My guess is probably not worth very much. The 1100 series was pretty much the end of the 36-bit systems for Univac; MAPPER was their report generator (similar to IBM RPG).

Bitsavers has an ongoing project to save old documentation and may accept the manual from you, but I suspect they'll reimburse you for shipping and not much more.

Some manuals do carry a certain value. Sperry/UNIVAC is not something you see all that often. But I do suggest you take a look at bitsavers and see if it already is scanned, otherwise you should ask them if they want it. Mostly as a service of saving old knowledge :)

I agree with the above about its relative value to do with Univac products, but also think that it may well be of interest to people who like Mapper. I've met quite a few people who are really keen on that and this could be your angle.

I have to second the advice about seeing if bitsavers have a copy and considering allowing them to scan it, there's only so many manuals left lying about, we need to preserve them while we can.

P.S. Sorry if this is repeated, I originally posted a similar message a week ago, but it seems to have disappeared.

Back