• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Timex Sinclair - did anyone actually use this

Heh - I have a box of TS1000's, including a ZX81, amemotech 32K upgrade NIB, Sinclair 16K pack, TS1500 with PSU, several cassettes that I have no use for.
Hated the TS1000 back when it was new, and my feelings haven't much changed since :)
Could not WAIT to get rid of it back then, and get a 64K CoCo2, which I still ahve to this day!

Also have one of the super-rare Sinclair X1 button radios.
I imported about 100 of them about 10 years back, and sold them on fleaBay.
Kept one new-in-packaging for posterity...

T

I used to have one of these, with the wobbly RAM pack and mini printer. It was fun to goof around with, but it took forever to load or save anything! I always had to rewind the tape over and play with the volume trying to get anything to load!

Now I kind of want one :)

I have a Timex Sinclair 1000, I recently just started collecting vintage computers. Sad thing is, it doesn't work and I have no idea why. The power is fine, the keyboard seems okay, the only thing out of the ordinary is that it's on a ZX81 board.

I have a Timex Sinclair 1000, I recently just started collecting vintage computers. Sad thing is, it doesn't work and I have no idea why. The power is fine, the keyboard seems okay, the only thing out of the ordinary is that it's on a ZX81 board.

The ZX81 ans the T1000 are the exact same thing. It's just a rebadged system.
First off, is the tuner wired right? You had the option of wiring it for either NTSC or PAL.

Back