• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PC 300GL Parts

lyonadmiral

Veteran Member
I have the following available:

1. 3 Desktop Motherboards (NO CPU)
  2. 3 Desktop Power Supplies (Originally for P3-500)
  3. 2 3.5" Disk Drives
  4. 2 3.5" Stock Hard Drives

PM with me offers.

Last edited:
Isn't the 300GL just a standard ATX desktop which would have off-the-shelf parts (aside from the MOBOs, ofc)?

I have one of these in my basement, as well as a PL.

Parts is parts...

Parts is parts...

Raven,

You are right, but sometimes its easier to get parts that are specifically for a particular system unit rather than getting a generic ATX piece, because of sizes, dimensions, etc. The power supplies are P3 power supplies, and the the disk drives are stock 3.5" disk drives without a bezel. I figured it would easier to post here and give fellow hobbyists and enthusiasts a shot before posting on eBay.

-Dan

I have about 40 of them I need to get rid of. An entire office set up if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
There was quite a range of models in the 300GL/PL line, so you might want to be a little more specific as to PS type (Desktop or tower, preferably a picture), processor, HD size etc.

i think i had one of these exact same models. In fact, I still have the original motherboard and PSU, but no case. As for CPU, if these ARE the exact type I had, it should have a PIII or a Celeron installed in a PGA370 format.

i think i had one of these exact same models.
---
Which exact same model? I see at least three different on the outside in Vintage's pile, never mind what's in 'em, and I think the half dozen or so that I've got left after tossing out a bunch are all different. Motherboards ain't worth much even with a CPU but as you say, if someone needs that exact one...

I have one of the GLs and one of the PLs and someone trying to unload a whole pile more on me just for the loan of a series 600 ThinkPad :)
---------
Just one of each? We'll have to do something about that!

Call me tomorrow; I have a pile of P4s to get rid of if you want 'em, and those servers as well; haven't got the TP600s yet though. Also, do you want any more of those HP mobos for your multi-CPU customer?

BTW, how'd you make out with those PS/2 disk drives and the Tandons? I still haven't looked at the PET and 8050 yet...

---------
Just one of each? We'll have to do something about that!

Call me tomorrow; I have a pile of P4s to get rid of if you want 'em, and those servers as well; haven't got the TP600s yet though. Also, do you want any more of those HP mobos for your multi-CPU customer?

BTW, how'd you make out with those PS/2 disk drives and the Tandons? I still haven't looked at the PET and 8050 yet...

Sorry Mike, I was sick last night and didn't get on-line.

Is it ok to call tomorrow (the 25th)?

Oh, I've looked at them when I was piling all the 360K FH drives I have to go through, but, other than that, not a lot more. People from around North America keep bothering me with work they need done.

Yeah, I'll take anything you're trying to unload (except the 300s, unless you're going to extort me). I wouldn't want your building to fall down around your ears LOL

No problems; I'm down with a nasty cold myself.

Do you mean no 300s at all or just the desktops (as opposed to the minitowers)?

OK, desktops are heading for the curb; of course garbage collectors are out on strike, but I'm sure they'll disappear.

Back