• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Items from junk box

I would be interested in that 8 bit adaptec card with cables if you have a working HD that goes with it (what is it MFM or RLL card)?

I would be interested in that 8 bit adaptec card with cables if you have a working HD that goes with it (what is it MFM or RLL card)?
I have an 'Adaptec ACB-2070A' card. On the card you are interested in, close to the small 'L' sticker appears to be the part number of 'ACB-2072'.

I'm not sure exactly what it is, I think I do have a hard drive that would work with it.
I would have to test it though since I have no idea if it works.

Let's see here--

No. 1 is a 2S+P+clock+floppy controller for a PC or XT. A great slot-saver if you're running short on 'em.

No. 2 is an Oak VGA card

No. 3 is an Adaptec MFM controller (Adaptec didn't always make SCSI stuff!)

No. 4 looks to be a clone of a Hercules monochrome card (MGA)

No. 5 is an an interesting beast--a light pen card that hooks to an external sync source. I wonder if it's to be used for an external display of some sort.

No. 6 is another monochrome display card, but perhaps only MDA, not MGA, given the lack of memory.

No. 7 is an Adaptec SCSI card, probably an AHA1540C (a 1542C without the floppy populated).

Thanks for the photos!

Last edited:
Cool, some interesting stuff there it seems. I had a few more photos but they didn't look too interesting.
I could post them when I look through the next box.

Thanks for the explanations.

Back