• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Won't you help save the computers ?

leaknoil

Experienced Member
http://www.hgrindustrialsurplus.com...sion=&sortASC=&pageSize=&searchMethod=keyword

I am not sure why but looking through this site reminded me of Sally Struthers pleading to me to help the children of some impoverished slum.

I don't even know if you can actually buy these things but, it looks like mug shots from a computer gulag. Those poor things have seen better times.

That PGT thing is PDP based I think. Seems a deal for $50. Those 8" floppy drives are probably worth $50 each. Of course you have to get it to you. Looks like a Apple II+ for $10 as well. Judging by the rest of the gear it may need to go through some sort of decontamination before you should touch it.

Last edited:
It's near me, about 30 min away. Been there once, just briefly went through things, nothing of major interest at the time but could be a good place to visit every once in a while. Industrial, so maybe a pdp will pop up someday?

Prices are just, ok, but in this economy (Ohio hurts bad right now) I'll bet I could talk them down.

Vince

I saw that and had to go get it! I just left there, I'm on my blackberry. $10.70 with tax for a Apple IIplus was a deal. I'll go back next week if anybody wants me to pickup something there, let me know.

Vince

*sigh* i so want a true vintage computer, but we're in a college town, where no vintage computes exist (well OK, probibly in a landfill or in the jewlry at walmart) so i'm just taunted here :(

edit: Two words taht also keep me from getting a vintage computer: Ebay Inflation (though if i asked nice i might could get a VC from someone here ;) )

Last edited:
Those computers look dirty as hell don't they. Don't see anything I want (unless they have a stack of 5.25" floppy drives there cheap).

Filty dirty computers. The IIplus I picked up needs a hose down. Still, I'll clean it for only $10. Just a huge warehouse of stuff, some overpriced in my opinion compared to what you can get on ebay, other items are a great find. Just have to sort it out, just don't touch anything!

Vince

Well, wiped it off, powered it up and... nope, dead. Installed a new power supply and she runs like new. All keys work, and everything. Came with a Apple Language card and a disk ][ controller. Sweet, now I have to keep watching that place.

Vince

Glad someone got that II+. I've been looking at it for 2 months now. I'd have bought it if I didn't think it might cause cancer. There was a IIe there too. Looked like it had been through a war zone. Someone get that ? Obviously a lot of people bought stuff. That link hadn't changed much in two months and now there is a mess gone.

Seriously that PGT thing is worth a lot more then $50 even if you just pulled the cards out of it and sold them. Its just the front end of scientific equipment so, not very useful in itself. Wish I lived closer. Well, not really but, wish it was closer to me ;)

Last edited:
I used to scan their site all the time, then went so long with nothing that I quit. There was no IIe, and to be honest, I have a few so I wouldn't be interested even at $10, except for the power supply :).

That PGT looks nice but I was short on time. It appears that they put all their computer stuff together. The IIplus was on a shelf that to get it you had to wind around, almost didn't see it.

I'll email Herb and see what he thinks. I'm heading out the the VCF east this year and he attends, he may be interested in it.

Vince

Let me know if Herb doesn't want the PGT - I'll definitely go for it (and I'll be at VCF East). I think he's already got one, to tell you the truth.

-Ian

Wow. Very cool looking place.. on one hand wish there was something like that locally, but then again my wallet is probably safer without me going there and blowing $50 bucks all the time on cool looking stuff ;-)

So anyone end up getting that System 4 machine? Looks like it's certainly worth the money if you can drive it off.

What a cool place. Reminds me of the Boeing surplus that used to be in the Seattle area up until a few years ago. Nothing like that around here as far as I know. But hey, who needs industry when you can be the home state of starbucks :puke:

-Lance

*sigh* i so want a true vintage computer, but we're in a college town, where no vintage computes exist (well OK, probibly in a landfill or in the jewlry at walmart) so i'm just taunted here :(

edit: Two words taht also keep me from getting a vintage computer: Ebay Inflation (though if i asked nice i might could get a VC from someone here ;) )

Where do you live? Perhaps a member here could hook you up. If you are in St. Paul or Minneapolis then I might be able to get you something.

Back