• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to use the PM system.

scommstech

Experienced Member
Hi I want to send a picture from "My Pictures" on my PC to a forum member using the PM system. I cant get it to work. Can somebody explain step by step .
Regards.

If you specifically want to do it via PM you can't, at least not directly.

You can link to a picture in a PM, but you cannot attach one from your system.

So in order to do what you want you'd need to upload the picture to someplace like Photobucket and link to it in your PM.

You can also create an album under the "Community" menu and upload your pictures there to, again, link to them in your PM.

Best of luck,

If you specifically want to do it via PM you can't, at least not directly.

You can link to a picture in a PM, but you cannot attach one from your system.

So in order to do what you want you'd need to upload the picture to someplace like Photobucket and link to it in your PM.

You can also create an album under the "Community" menu and upload your pictures there to, again, link to them in your PM.

Best of luck,
Thanks
I got as far as getting a picture into my album but how do you link it to the PM message itself. Can you run through the proceedure step by step.
Regards
Harry

Last edited:
Thanks
I got as far as getting a picture into my album but how do you link it to the PM message itself. Can you run through the proceedure step by step.
Regards

Go into private messaging and start your message.

Open your album in another window.

Select the picture you want to embed, right mouse click and copy the enture "Picture URL" which will look something like this: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=332

Click on the "Insert Image" icon (
insertimage.gif
) at above the message edit window.

Paste the copied image URL into the URL for the image:

picture.php

Lather, rinse and repeat as needed. . .

And you're done.

apple ][ keyboard, right? if so, then what's that keyboard doing with a different color ESC key?

[/generalquestion]

apple ][ keyboard, right? if so, then what's that keyboard doing with a different color ESC key?

[/generalquestion]

One of the members said that they may have a replacement ESC cap.
I was trying to get that pic into a PM to show him the rest of the cap
set to match up. If I can't match up I will have to leave as is.

Back