• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Apple IIe Keyboards

Drken

Experienced Member
I purchased a few Apple IIe's and need replacement keyboards for them - both the standard keyboard and the extended (with numeric keypad) keyboards - that work.

If you have one/several or know where I can get some, please let me know!

Thanks much.

Ken

I purchased a few Apple IIe's and need replacement keyboards for them - both the standard keyboard and the extended (with numeric keypad) keyboards - that work.

If you have one/several or know where I can get some, please let me know!

Thanks much.

Ken
If you get yourself sorted out with the keyboards, I'd be interested in a couple of key caps if you have any to spare. Will pay
Regards.

What keycaps for what model? I have some parts machines
The caps I am looking for are the "esc" for a Apple IIE (top left). I am using a
brown one from an old keyboard but the correct one is grey and sits more
upright. I am also after the clear power cover for an Apple II. Do you have
anything like this.
Regards

The caps I am looking for are the "esc" for a Apple IIE (top left). I am using a
brown one from an old keyboard but the correct one is grey and sits more
upright. I am also after the clear power cover for an Apple II. Do you have
anything like this.
Regards
You need one from a "Platinum" A2S2128 right? PM me and I think I can help you on the ESC key

This will be harder then you think unless you can find complete keyboards. They all age different and its almost impossible to match keys between two keyboards.

I learned this the hard way when I decided to clean the keys off 6 IIe platinums all at once in a big bucket. I took them all off the keyboards and dumped them in.

Now I have six keyboards with various mismatched keys that may never be right again. Every once in awhile I take them out and swap a few keys around. Sometimes it looks a little better often worse. Its hopeless.

Retrobright?

Retrobright?

This will be harder then you think unless you can find complete keyboards. They all age different and its almost impossible to match keys between two keyboards.

I learned this the hard way when I decided to clean the keys off 6 IIe platinums all at once in a big bucket. I took them all off the keyboards and dumped them in.

Now I have six keyboards with various mismatched keys that may never be right again. Every once in awhile I take them out and swap a few keys around. Sometimes it looks a little better often worse. Its hopeless.

What if you were to retrobright all of them?

Channelmaniac -

Still interested in the keyboard if the offer stands. I sent you two private messages but don't know if you received them or not.

Ken

Apple lle

Apple lle

Hey Drken, just wanted to give you and/or any other members a chance to get an Apple lle. I hate to throw it out,but i need the space its taking up for some other items. If anyone can use it,please send me a message. I have to tell you that i've powered it up and its all ok but i can't load the os due to a missing 3.5 boot floppy. i have the 2 - 5.25s and the ibm hob (hands on basic) programming disks. Also the card and modem for the printer but not the printer itself. It also has the joystick and 2 hand controllers. I have a fair amount of books that go with it also. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks, 1stKnight

Back