• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Service Pack 2 for NT 4.0 (PPC)

TNC

Experienced Member
Does anybody has it? Preferably in german, but english is also ok. It is for my Motorola Powerstack II (from 96) and it will be covered from the 10 year rule to be considered vintage. :)

There is no strict 10 year rule. And it's a 32 bit OS. We'll give you a pass for today. ;-0

Sorry - I love PowerPC, but I never had the urge to ruin a good machine with Windows NT. The idea of Windows going cross platform (x86, PowerPC, Alpha) was fascinating, but it didn't work out.

I have a few CD's for SP 4 (I'm pretty sure it's 4) that says it covers all platforms, PPC included. Would this be helpful at all?

I probably have it---to help me look, can you furnish an approximate year? And if I have it, I'm pretty sure I have it in German.

PM me, so we can work out the details.

Interesting, I was googling around and most sites implied sp2 was the last support for powerpc. Guess that's wrong, if so I can probably also find a copy somewhere of a newer service pack if it would have those files on it. Alpha was supported a bit longer (until sp5?).

Interesting. My copies of NT Workstation 4 list 486, Pentium and P Pro, MIPS, R4x00 (??) Alpha and PPC but the other ones are Service Pack 3 but only for Alpha, Pentium and P Pro. Seems strange since these discs were bundled together when I got them.

As Microsoft shed platforms, they shed service pack support. That's why NT SP6 only shows Alpha and I386. Since PPC was one of the earliest plaforms to be dropped, SP2 may not have included it. That's why I'm looking for a date.

I had a look through a few hundred CD/DVDs and all I could find was the English version of SP2, dated Dec 13, 1996. The 1999 "Platform Archive" series does not include it either.

Sorry!

Thank you for you work. Might it has been canceled due the architecture was dropped? Seem so. :)

When I get the machine, I will shurely post some more details about it. Stay tuned.

Back