• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

I just hit the MOTHERLOAD!!!

I haven't looked at everything in detail yet. I did take a few pictures which I will try to post. I was able to find some info on what I have from looking at the photos and I see I have what looks like two IBM 5150 PC Expansion units. I still have to look at model numbers, etc. Maybe later in the week as they are stored in my warehouse. The other IBM which was made in the UK is also very interesting, however it looks like the floppy and hard drive were harvested. Dam!

Last edited:
I just got wind of another great find. Here is part of an email I just received...

...a whole house trailer, and a back of a semi trailer full of old computer equipment..... my father use to be in the computer business but passed away in 2004. All kinds of stuff mice, keyboards, mother boards, monitors, modems, power supplys. everything!!, etc...

I'm going to take a look next week. It's a loooong ways from my home though.

I have been trying to get 486 laptops up and running well for ages now, so if you get the chance, list some of the "laptop parts" you were mentioning please.. *hopes for a Compaq LTE Lite motherboard, as the floppy controller on his is dead*

I'd also like to know what sort of computerless ISA cards you got your hands on, specifically any 8-bit ones..

If you're selling machines, the old IBMs catch my interest (though shipping and cost may be inhibitive >.>). I wish I had an IBM XT or early AT... meh..

Also, any Macintosh capable of having an Apple 2 floppy drive hooked up to it would be useful.. apparently my Mac 2ci isn't (according to forum members here) though it has the connector and a picture of a 5.25" disk on it...

Last edited:
I have been trying to get 486 laptops up and running well for ages now, so if you get the chance, list some of the "laptop parts" you were mentioning please.. *hopes for a Compaq LTE Lite motherboard, as the floppy controller on his is dead*

I'd also like to know what sort of computerless ISA cards you got your hands on, specifically any 8-bit ones..

If you're selling machines, the old IBMs catch my interest (though shipping and cost may be inhibitive >.>). I wish I had an IBM XT or early AT... meh..

Also, any Macintosh capable of having an Apple 2 floppy drive hooked up to it would be useful.. apparently my Mac 2ci isn't (according to forum members here) though it has the connector and a picture of a 5.25" disk on it...

You can't get a working 486 laptop?

Try getting a Thinkpad, they seem to last a while in working condition.

classic cars, old wine, and dusty computers

classic cars, old wine, and dusty computers

DUDE.. WHERE'S MY CAR? (pictures)

Where are the pictures?

I wanna see a pic of the IBM expansion boxes.

I keep imagining an auction, except classic computer cases get wheeled up instead of old red roadsters..

Or an old store room that's musty and smells like moth balls full of racks of horizontal dusty old aged fine wines & champaignes..

Just cause they are half-old half-new doesn't mean they are really THAT worthless. You get some good old DOS on those suckers and you could rule the world that that much retro computing power. My install of Win 3.11 and DOS 6.22 responds instantly to even my new ATOM Processor powered (wait.. what did you say? I'm supposed to go to Desktop via Windows-Key D?)

Golly.

Keep some of the good **** for the people who want it. Don't chuck it all for Chrystler's sake. It's not RETRO enough for you? It may well be RETRO enough, for someone else. DO NOT RECYCLE IT ALL.. as you said earlier. That's a sad waste of good classic tech.

Kiyote!

Hey, I just scored another TI-99/4A in original box. I now have over 20. I had to pay a couple bucks though. I bought out an attic, basement and garage. About a half a van load from what used to be a radio TV repair shop in someones home. Grandpa, who was in the radio repair union, passed away well over a decade ago and the grand kids wanted to toss it all in the dumpster until someone found my craigslist ad. I got stuff from the 30's. Just about every sams catalog they made at the time in big thick black binders with fancy embossed writing on them. 99% Radio and TV stuff. Most was in mint condition too. A lot of vintage, museum quality test equipment included. A lot of excellent parts too. I can't believe stuff like this is still out there. I'm amazed.

I even got several Centralab pots, boxed in original condition like those used on Les Paul guitars. Some go for over $1,500.00

Last edited:
I got lucky last night picking up a few old chairs on Freecycle from someone who gave me computer stuff in the past. The guy's a pack rat and was tripping over some Apple II's in his basement so I got those too along with a few other units, I can't remember which ones, they look like small boxes. I got several Apple disk drives too. While conversing about old computers, the subject of terminals from the late 70's came up and I now have a lead on 4 NOS boxed in mint condition.

Hey, I got a lead on an old IBM and will be driving 2 hours to pick it up later today. I don't know the exact model but the guy says it was from late 1983 or early 1984 and it came without a hard drive or video card. He added those two items and also a 3-1/2 floppy. It comes with all the original boxes, manuals and hopefully the software too and a monitor. He seems to know a lot about computers so maybe there will be some surprises inside as he did all the upgrades himself. It is in fully working condition as well.

Nice finds - Good to see that stuff popping up. I am in a dry spell right now around here, a P2 is vintage right :D

I'd love to see some pics of your finds, old computers are like old cars to me. I can spend 10 minutes at a car show checking out an old Chevelle and walk 2 rows over and spend 10 minutes more looking at the same make and model. Something about old iron in all its forms I guess

-Lance

This much I do know. It's an IBM PC-XT with 640 KB memory, a 20 MB hard drive, a 5 1/4" and a 3 1/2" floppy drive. Also included is a Magnavox EGA Dislay monitor, model CM9043 and an Okidata Microline 24 Pin Printer. Also included are several boxes of brand new 5-1/4 floppies, plus the manuals, boxes, etc. and it all works right out of the box!!!

Pretty sweet luck you're having.. assuming you're not the one tripping over it all now. Any tips on how you're finding these folks and this much stuff?

- John

Back