• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Apple IIGS.

Okay, is the problem that I'm using High Density diskettes instead of Double Density ones? All I'm doing is unzipping the file and copying it to an HD disk, and it refuses to read it from Finder.

Okay, is the problem that I'm using High Density diskettes instead of Double Density ones? All I'm doing is unzipping the file and copying it to an HD disk, and it refuses to read it from Finder.

Have you formatted the disk first? I'm using HD disks on my GS and haven't had any trouble yet. One other thing you might try, that I use to do, is to cover the hole on the left side of the disk, as you look at the front of the disk, with tape and then format it. That sometimes helps make the disk look like a DD disk instead of an HD disk to the GS.

Dean

If I format it for the IIGS and then try to copy a file onto it, Windows requires me to format it again.

If I format it for the IIGS and then try to copy a file onto it, Windows requires me to format it again.

There's your problem then. The Apple IIGS can't read Windows formatted disks. What you might want to do is get a copy of ADTPro, from here: http://adtpro.sourceforge.net/ and read everything on the site about ADTPro, if you don't already have it. With ADTPro and the cables to hook your GS to your PC you can transfer the disk images to real disks on the GS without any trouble.

Dean

Back