• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage electronics and stuff, nj

steven stengel

Experienced Member
Found this site, lots of vintage computers for sale, as well as everything else.

I talked to the guy on the phone, sounds good, but I haven't bought anything. I have no connection with owner or site in any way.

Located in New jersey.

http://earth.prohosting.com/vinstuff/

Examples:

Northstar Advantage
Apple II plus (listed as Apple II)
TI, Tandy, Radio Shack, Comnmodore,
EAI TR10 Analog Computer (!)
Lear Siegler
Model 33, 35 TTY

He's an old guy, good prices, but frowns on shipping.

http://earth.prohosting.com/vinstuff/

:-(

:-(

He's an old guy without much help.
He'll ship things, but it will cost you extra for his effort, I believe.
He will also send you some photos if you ask nicely, but it may take a few days for him to get it done.

That's some pretty awesome stuff he has. Certainly a respectable collection of gear. Wish I was closer or could ship stuff. Some times I wonder if certain things are worth a one way flight and drive back ;-)

Found this site, lots of vintage computers for sale, as well as everything else.

I talked to the guy on the phone, sounds good, but I haven't bought anything. I have no connection with owner or site in any way.

Located in New jersey.

Thanks for posting this.

I live in NJ about half hour north of him. Just sent an email to see if he'll let me come down to take a look in person.

Hey all,

Just got back from visiting this gentleman's...shall I say...museum...

Was an interesting experience.

His name is Tony. I got to his place, he walks over to my car and says, "I'm getting in the back seat" - and literally he just opened the car door and sat down. He said we needed to drive around the corner.

So we drive to a very old house that he said dates back to the Spanish-American War. The house also happens to be for sale. Very very old.

So we get inside and, well, I can't describe it. It's stacked from floor to ceiling with everything you can think of that's old and electronic: power supplies, radios, oscilloscopes. In the computer department, he said he had just recently sold a PDP-8 and dismantled an IBM 1401. He had some old disk packs laying around. Old acoustic couplers and other assorted modems and an old vintage Bell System Data-Phone unit.

In the vintage computer department, he had a Coco I, Coco III, a couple of old silver TRS-80 printers, a TI 99/4a with some carts, a DECwriter, couple of Teletypes and other portable terminals, a huge stack of AT's and clones, an original IBM PC-XT, two Apple II+ (one looked in very good shape with 3 or 4 cards in it). Many old monochrome monitors, and a stack of AT&T 4410 terminals (some branded as Teletype). I lost track of everything he had there. You really just need to go there and pick through what he's got, that's all I can say.

So I ended up picking up the old Northstar Advantage (very dirty...definitely needs some TLC), a dual Vector Graphics 5.25" floppy unit and some other 5.25" floppy unit, and a very odd looking Syntrex machine also with dual 5.25" floppies in it, all for $135. He told me he had more Northstars but sold them. They apparently came from Rutgers University, which happens to practically be next door.

I can understand why it would be very difficult for him to ship this stuff. He's got it all in one place, but I can tell he really just wants the stuff gone so he can sell the house. His daughter appears to be the one kind of coordinating people who want to come down to take a look and buy.

So I'll post pics of what I got real soon...

Back