• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone hear of Iconix brand computers?

offensive_Jerk

Veteran Member
I this 486 system that uses an Asus board. There are stickers on the case that say Iconix, a division of Unisys.

I could not find much information about this brand on the internet.

Anyone else ever hear of them?

ICONIX (all caps) was the educational products division of Unisys Canada:

ICONIX International, a division of Unisys Canada, is the marketing and support division focused on the education and training market. ICONIX's initiatives in the development of business and education partnerships have helped it become a leader in the implementation of information technology and networking in Canadian schools since 1984.

Curiously, there was also an "Iconix International", not a division of Unisys out of Tampa that was involved in the defense industry.

From what I can gather, ICONIX was sold to a Chinese-Canadian outfit, Tengtu back in 1997. In 2000, Tengtu sold the ICONIX assets off. FWIW, Tengtu is still around, probably in a cardboard box in the corner of someone's office. Last trade OTC was for half a mill (.0005) on September 13.

That means that about 7 thousand shares will buy you a $6 burger at Carl's Jr.; i.e., the stock certificates are worth more as scrap paper than the stock itself.

I haven't figured out who the buyer for the Iconix software was, though I suspect it was the Chinese branch, "Tengtu United".

Back