• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wireless keyboards for serial connection?

JT64

Experienced Member
Was there ever wireless keyboard, mouse with serial connectors. I remember i had a combo with scrollball it had PS2 connectors, but can not remember seen one with serial connectors.

Anyone knows?

JT

Yes they exist. I have a few wireless Logitech keyboards and mice that are PS/2 with a serial adapter for the mouse. Got them from compgeeks around 2000 or so as refurbs.

Yes they exist. I have a few wireless Logitech keyboards and mice that are PS/2 with a serial adapter for the mouse. Got them from compgeeks around 2000 or so as refurbs.

If you have the modelnumber of keyboard please share it, i guess the protocol is AT style and so the driver?

Or would it work with an XT?

JT

If you have the modelnumber of keyboard please share it, i guess the protocol is AT style and so the driver?

Or would it work with an XT?

JT

No it would not work on an XT, just AT (it also came with a PS/2 to AT keyboard adapter for older machines). If you are still interested I will look up the model number.

I don't know about serial, but weren't there a few third-party keyboards back in the day that attempted to ape the Peanut and provide an IR link to the standard keyboard port?

Back