• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

M$ Ships W98 in Place of Vista

wop

Well not really... but I had to have a laugh at what we found at the PC Museum.

Win98vista.jpg

I'm willing to bet that there are some who would agree that 98 certainly does a better job. LOL

Wop

I don't understand this post, or why you put it in a vintage PC section ...

I use a hair dryer to peal off COA stickers from cases destined to hit the trash. Gives you plenty of legit numbers if needed for old OS.

I asume Vista was a brand name of computers in the Win98 era. I have books that show Norblis (a different PC vender) for Win98 just like that picture.

Last edited:
I'm curious what the joke (or point) is here. Is it that someone put a "Vista PC" stamp on a Win98 package? That would not exactly be clever or amazing.

98 is unsupported so does it matter?

Unsupported is not the same as Public Domain. Microsoft had rather recently staked its claim to defend as far back as Windows 3.1 and the later versions of MS-DOS. So it does matter.

I bet there used to be a brand of computers in the past called "Vista PC".

The Vista PC label is in the same location as "DELL" on my book.

I'm guessing you guys are correct in assuming that the brand name of the pc was probably Vista. Just sort of had a double take when I first saw it.

98 is almost vintage but that's why I posted it in the Gereral Off Topic section. Some of you are OCD I swear!

I'm guessing you guys are correct in assuming that the brand name of the pc was probably Vista. Just sort of had a double take when I first saw it.
98 is almost vintage but that's why I posted it in the Gereral Off Topic section. Some of you are OCD I swear!

I hadn't thought of it but now I too go with Vista PC as a brand name being the best explanation.

Regarding Win98 being almost vintage, I agree. I recently put away a '98 system as a collectable example to store for the future. I've actually never used that OS myself, but I know my son will appreciate inheriting such a machine.

I hadn't thought of it but now I too go with Vista PC as a brand name being the best explanation.

Regarding Win98 being almost vintage, I agree. I recently put away a '98 system as a collectable example to store for the future. I've actually never used that OS myself, but I know my son will appreciate inheriting such a machine.
oh, my god. 98 Is almost vintage?!?!? Where did the time go? I'm older than 98? I'm almost vintage! Wow. Odd. I'm speaking in sentance fragments.

Not condoning anything illegal, but there has been keycode generators out for years that go from about Windows 95 up to Windows 2000 Pro...

98 is unsupported so does it matter?

I was just teasing guys, relax. You could have a "POST YOUR WIN98 KEY" thread for all I care.

There is a way to install Windows 9x, up to 98se, without needing a product key.

Technically it does that all by itself. :) This was noted as a stupidity of the installer. You pretty much have a functional Windows before it actually asks for the key. There's still something you have to do that I can't recall to dodge the key input, but it will get along without it. Later on they moved it to a much sooner and non-functional point of installation.

oh, my god. 98 Is almost vintage?!?!? Where did the time go? I'm older than 98? I'm almost vintage!
Well, I personally don't really think that anything from MicroSoft is "vintage" since it is such a young company, but the fact remains that the whole personal computer development is still in its infancy.
Wow. Odd. I'm speaking in sentance fragments.
Obviously not vintage. :p

Back