• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just dug out: IBM ValuePoint system

Obsolete does not mean it isn't usefull, especially if you don't have anything better.

I have plenty of old relics here that I can use for basic functions (outside of heavy web/video use).

Obsolete does not mean it isn't usefull, especially if you don't have anything better.

I have plenty of old relics here that I can use for basic functions (outside of heavy web/video use).

Indeed, I have at least one of each 8088, 286, 386, 486, P1, P2, P3-based systems. Some specialized I/O cards can be mighty twitchy. For example, a Matchpoint seems to work only in an 8088 box; a deluxe Option Board works in a medium-speed 386; I've got an EPROM burner that works reliably in a 486 but nothing faster...

The ValuPoint works, but it boots to dos and seems to have Win95 on it, but the windows directory is missing.

It may be some time before I get to test that large tape drive, real life is really giving me a pounding right now, but I really would like to see it running. It may take a special interface card, not sure if it'll hook up to a floppy drive connector straight-away.

Nathan

Back