• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PS/2s for Sale

Raven

Veteran Member
Three of 'em:

- Model 25 Color - fully functional afaik, turns on, shows disk and arrow, etc.
- Model 55SX - fully functional, needs RTC unit battery replaced or entire unit replaced, then needs reference disk.
- Model 75(?) - fully functional, needs new CMOS battery in RTC unit or unit replaced, then needs reference disk.

The Model 25 is the first revision, according to IBMMuseum, because it has the power socket and the video out jack in line on the vertical axis. It will come without HDD unless that's a deciding factor or will raise value - HDD is functional and has controller card, is a 3.5" MFM w/ 8-bitr ISA - I'd rather keep it, but again, if it makes a difference.

The model 55SX has all original parts in place, no caveats - nice machine.

The model 75(?) has some damage to a few faceplates, but they will all still sit and stay in their correct spots (connectors on the sides of some damaged/broken. I was an idiot when I tried to take it apart years ago. Comes with all original parts, slight rust damage on sockets in the back, IBM logo in the front missing, but present w/ model number in the back.

Cost: Make an offer + whatever it takes to ship.

I can't do jack with PS/2 machines, I've discovered, between MCA, reference disks not being easily available anymore, and their strange proprietary architecture alltogether, so I've decided to sell them to whoever CAN make good use of them.

...The Model 25 is the first revision, according to IBMMuseum, because it has the power socket and the video out jack in line on the vertical axis...

Headphone jack or video plug to the upper assembly?...

This is a Model 25 Type 1 planar: http://artofhacking.com/th99/m/I-L/30127.htm

Here is a Model 25 Type 2 planar: http://artofhacking.com/th99/m/I-L/30135.htm

...I can't do jack with PS/2 machines, I've discovered, between MCA, reference disks not being easily available anymore, and their strange proprietary architecture alltogether, so I've decided to sell them to whoever CAN make good use of them.

PS/2s are great, there is also a good newsgroup for them to get assistance: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware...

Video plug, like the ones used in RCA video, is on the far left, in line with the AC port above it.

If you are willing to operate, I would offer a Type 2 planar in exchange, and shipping both ways...

I can't do jack with PS/2 machines, I've discovered, between MCA, reference disks not being easily available anymore, and their strange proprietary architecture alltogether, so I've decided to sell them to whoever CAN make good use of them.

One man's junk is another man's treasure as they say. Personally I find their strange proprietry architecture and unique appearence are points of interest.

Tez

Oh I *LOVE* how they look, and that's why I initially sought some. I also am a huge fan of IBM. The reference disk-based BIOS-on-HDD and other weird things on earlier machines confuse me and keep me from fixing them, they always need a RTC battery, but it's built into a whole chip, and the newer ones have the MCA, for which I have no cards but what was in my PS/2s to begin with.

Anywho I need to get rid of some things, because I have far too many, and the above reasons put the PS/2s on the chopping block first. Don't worry, though, I'd never can them or anything, just looking to sell. :)

As for those of you up in "Canadia", feel free to drive down instead to avoid the shipping, lol!

If you are willing to operate, I would offer a Type 2 planar in exchange, and shipping both ways...

I didn't see your message last time, sorry. If I felt like getting a machine up and running I'd just do it to this one, I'd be willing to take the board you want out, but you'd need to make an offer for it and pay shipping. I'll then start selling it as parts, and maybe build another box into the case using the monitor.

No, I can send a Type 2 Model 25 planar, then you replace the Type 1 at your conveinance, and I pay the postage back too. You still would have a working system. Just send your address via PM, and I´ll get the Type 2 on its way.

While I appreciate that you just want the one part and would swap and pay shipping, I am looking to make money, or I wouldn't be selling it in the first place. If I'm going to have a working one, I'd like to keep the original boards anywho. Basically what you're offering is labor for me with no gain, and that won't help me get out of debt w/ my parents. :(

I understand, and thought of that immediately after posting the message. We can work a deal out by PM for the "operation" too, to make it worth your while. Certainly I understand on a debt to parents, with myself just paying off mine (relating to immigrating my wife and stepchildren to the U.S., at highest it was $10,000) at age 44!

Back