• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New UK member

Phil

Hi all,
I found this site while Googling for yet more info. I've been collecting vintage computers for around 5 years now. My main interest is Commodore history but currently working my through collecting a few early IBM/clones. I have a few restoration projects going at the moment I'm sure to pop in and ask questions about: flat Commodore 128 - dead, Commodore 128D (not CR) - dead and a Commodore PET 8296-D - dead. It pains me to see vintage computers lifeless, I get the biggest buzz from restoring them back to life.

Phil.

Hi Phil!
Your in good company with your interests. There are some pretty knowledgeable Commodore people in here as you'll find out.
I have a very nice Commodore 128 of my own that is in fine working order, that I enjoy. Good luck getting your 'temporarily' dead Commodores working again :)

Hi all,
It pains me to see vintage computers lifeless, I get the biggest buzz from restoring them back to life.

Welcome Phil. I'm with you on the above. Nothing is more satisfying than watching a dead computer suddently springing back to life after a diagnosis and repair.

Tez

Now then our kid... :) Sorted!

If you need any parts / assistance with any of your 'puters, let me know.

If you need any parts / assistance with any of your 'puters, let me know.

Many thanks. I've decided to take a break for a week or so from 'tinkering'. It seems everything I touch ends up worse just lately, I'm sure we all get moments like that. My policy is: when nothings going right - do nothing. I think my first job when I get back to fixing the C128's is getting a known good PSU, I have serious doubts about the C128D PSU I have even though it checks out okay on the multimeter.

Back