• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

486 Tablet

I don't know, since I don't have the time to tear one open to look. I don't have any spare ram.
Did you try Google?
I haven't checked, no.

I tried to look for the GridPad and couldn find only these threads here, not many pictures or old advertisements, and I sure like that for me! I'll have to save my pennies, too. But it'll have to wait :(

OK everyone, here are lots of pics of all the GRIDS i have available for sale from my collection.

Look for the one you asked about and shout back if you want a GridPad 2260 Convertible, a PalmPAd 2363 or the GRIDlite 1040.
I also have a GRIDpad 1090 available. This is a screen-pen run machine with an onscreen keyboard, 20 years before the iPAD! It also has a socket for a standard keyboard.
GridPad 1090:

MORE PICS ARE IN FOLLOWING POSTS BELOW.

So far I have requests for the 1040 and a 2363 from Linuxlove and for the 2270 from Tandyman.
If you cannot pay for these now, please let me know, so someone else that can afford them, can buy them.
Don't express interest in an item you can't afford. It's not fair to me or to other buyers.

Thanks.
-john

I can't wait!!!! :D

OK, here are the pics of the GRIDpad 2270 and all the accessories included.

This is the unit in it's case, laid flat. There is a parallel port socket and adaptor cable at top of pic.
An external floppy drive is to the right and the screen-pen is here also.

A view of the parallel port and dial-up modem tele-com socket---

The PCMCIA card socket. Maybe a wireless card would work here??:confused:

VGA, power adapter socket and other connector---

A/C power adapter/battery charger and bag, Operation Manual---

8MB memory expasion card and socket---

Sturdy reinforced carrying case with rings for a shoulder strap--

Windows v.3.1 disks and various backup disks are included. This OS has support for the screen pen.

Since this is the wrong forum for Sales and Trades, I'll move the listing of the other GRIDS that are now available the the "Vintage Computers for Sale or Trade" forum.

I'll be re-listing the GRIDpad 2260, GRIDlite 1040, PalmPad 2363 & GRIDpad 1910, so please look there if you are interested in getting one of these cool computers.

The PCMCIA card socket. Maybe a wireless card would work here??:confused:
You read my mind ;)

I actually just bought a wireless PCMCIA card off of EBay that I happen to have MS-DOS drivers for (much thanks to Raven), and it should get here today. I'll be using it with this laptop (wifi on a 486. How cool is that?).

This laptop was made in heaven. Simple as that ;) Amazing looking machine, and I just can't comprehend how such a machine wasn't popular 'back in the day'.

Last edited:
Thanks to my advice and links, TandyMan100. xD

I think I was probably the first person ever to get a 486 on wireless, but I could be wrong.

I'd like to see the 2363s in some pics.

Back