• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

486 Tablet

TandyMan100

Veteran Member
Yep. I want a tablet. I want any x86 tablet as old as a 286 and as modern as a Pentium II. What I want the most is a 486DX with color VGA graphics, but that seems unlikely.

Are you saying you have one for offer or just linking to their site? (Just my own curiosity). The site says they're discontinued hence my question :) Looks neat though. I still think it's too cool to be able to have small portable computers like that and have a BBS or some old game which feels like you have your own little world in it.

I have one, use it for solitair every once in a while (2 sets of batteries that still charge).

That Intermec looks sweet and fun to play with! I should dust off my Fujitsu, it's similar to that one. From what I remember, it needs the stylus, battery and pcmcia hard drive. I do remember it's a 486 but that's all until I get it back out. It's a Stylistic 500.

Yep. I want a tablet. I want any x86 tablet as old as a 286 and as modern as a Pentium II. What I want the most is a 486DX with color VGA graphics, but that seems unlikely.

I have a few vintage GRID-Pad tablets that include batteries that work, A/C adapters, loaded software and pen. Some have 386 CPU and maybe a 486 also.
Interested in info?

Definitely. I love GRiDPAD, especially the GRiD convertible.

I just wrote this info to another inquirer---

I have this collection of GRID's available for sale or trade:

- (2) Grid 2260 w. Pen screen
- GRIDPad 1910 w. pen (& extra one for parts)
- GRIDLite Plus 1040 (Clamshell Laptop)
- GRIDPad 2270
- (2) Palmpad 2363 (GRID)
-all have original Heavy-duty black fabric or leather carrying case, batteries, A/C power adapters, loaded software, some manuals and other documentation, cords and cables for mice/keyboards (where needed optionally), Dos or Windows operating system.
Most have hard drives.

I also have a working GRID System 2107 external 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive which uses Double sided, double density 360k disks.
Great for loading those vintage games you have wanted to play.

...and all work well!!!

Most of the 15-20 year old batteries even hold a charge ! These GRID PC's were made to last and some models have a Magnesium case that is TOUGH to damage. I think some of these had Military use also, but all are in very good cosmetic shape.
Think of these as vintage "iPads", since these were well ahead of their time. design-wise.

I just wrote this info to another inquirer---

I have this collection of GRID's available for sale or trade:

- (2) Grid 2260 w. Pen screen
- GRIDPad 1910 w. pen (& extra one for parts)
- GRIDLite Plus 1040 (Clamshell Laptop)
- GRIDPad 2270
- (2) Palmpad 2363 (GRID)
-all have original Heavy-duty black fabric or leather carrying case, batteries, A/C power adapters, loaded software, some manuals and other documentation, cords and cables for mice/keyboards (where needed optionally), Dos or Windows operating system.
Most have hard drives.

I also have a working GRID System 2107 external 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive which uses Double sided, double density 360k disks.
Great for loading those vintage games you have wanted to play.

...and all work well!!!

Most of the 15-20 year old batteries even hold a charge ! These GRID PC's were made to last and some models have a Magnesium case that is TOUGH to damage. I think some of these had Military use also, but all are in very good cosmetic shape.
Think of these as vintage "iPads", since these were well ahead of their time. design-wise.

Isn't the 2260/2270 a convertible? That's what I am dying to get my hands on.

I didn't win the talent competition, so I have only a couple $10-doller-bills to my name. In a shoebox. In my room :(

'Interested' in the Tandy laptop, I am. I'm just wondering how I can afford the Tandy and perhaps a GRiD.

Yes, I have a laptop fetish (and a space shortage) ;)

Isn't the 2260/2270 a convertible? That's what I am dying to get my hands on.

I didn't win the talent competition, so I have only a couple $10-doller-bills to my name. In a shoebox. In my room :(

'Interested' in the Tandy laptop, I am. I'm just wondering how I can afford the Tandy and perhaps a GRiD.

Yes, I have a laptop fetish (and a space shortage) ;)

The 2260/2270's have screens that prop open to reveal a keyboard. I guess these are convertibles then.
YOur eyes are getting bigger then your budget, it seems. Do you want me to save one until you can afford one? Since you are on a limited budget (do you do any jobs in your neighborhood to raise spending money?) I could part with one GRID to you for only $35 plus shipping cost.

I hope this helps.
later,
-John

The 2260/2270's have screens that prop open to reveal a keyboard. I guess these are convertibles then.
YOur eyes are getting bigger then your budget, it seems. Do you want me to save one until you can afford one? Since you are on a limited budget (do you do any jobs in your neighborhood to raise spending money?) I could part with one GRID to you for only $35 plus shipping cost.

I hope this helps.
later,
-John

Okay, here's where I stand: If you can, could you hold that 2270 for me for a little? I'm parting out an HP ZV6000 (screen, keyboard, DVD drive, RAM) on eBay, where the cost of the parts if I sell them seperately should be over $150. Send me a couple of pictures of the 2270 (I think you know my email address) and I will buy it and the 1500HD the MINUTE I get enough money. Or maybe I spend my last few bucks on it now and then sell the stuff. I don't know, but I'm trying REALLY hard to work something out here. I've been wanting a 1500HD and 2270 for over a year and a half now. :)

Man, Grid computers are so cool lmao. They still look so hi-tech to me. I love em.

I love 'em because:

a) They're durable

b) They're related to my FAVORITE computer company: Tandy (Tandy bought them out)

I think I'll take up your offer, johnorun. Email me and I'll see if I can work something out!

I'm exited now. These are really cool machines!

I am interested in this stuff too, johnorun, please post some pics since you seem to have so many interested parties! :D

Back