• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Motherload of IBM PC, XT Clone 286, 386, 486 & Peripherals

Those are all some nice machines. It'd be a shame to see 'em scrapped. But I digress...

You should consider ebaying/selling them separately, or at least in much smaller lots. You'd make a killing from collectors like us. ;)

You should consider ebaying/selling
them separately, or at least in much smaller lots.........

I really do not want to pack and deal with shipping them
individually. I am on the west coast. Shipping to the east coast
is EXPENSIVE, especially if an item is packed properly (without
foam in place). In the past I always double boxed and almost
never had damage complaints. Recently I have had shipping cost
complaints.

Actually, I did put this lot on ebay as PICK-UP ONLY.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200406433830&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
I also have a really interesting Mass Core Memory Unit on ebay.
ON EDIT: I just put a link to the Core Memory auction here in the forum under
VINTAGE COMPUTER AUCTIONS

I have 7 storage units. The two that hold most of the computers
and electronics cost $450 a month. They had been paying for
themselves, but not with very much profit over rent. It is
getting very close to the time I need to dump both units and
their contents then move on to the other 5.

Last edited:
You can ship them FOB at a local shipping dock. Most will give you a pallet on the loading doc and you stack the computers yourself. Then shrink wrap it all with a roll of plastic which they usually have. Then they load em on a truck with fork lift and they're gone. You just need a buyer.

You can ship them FOB at a local shipping dock.........

Please, tell me more about this. What freight companies -- nationally known or ?? Do they take raw stock, unboxed -- your post made it sound that way.

I have never used a freight company myself. I have had customers arrange freight, but I had a warehouse then.

Thanks for the comment on my ebay auction.

I'm now off to scrap a bunch of wire ---old computer cables etc. I have to pay the rent in the next two days.

Can you help?

Can you help?

I teach computer classes for a local Community College. I am interested in some things you mentioned. I am restoring a PS/2 Model 70 and I need a 3.5 floppy drive. You mentioned 8 inch drives. I would love to have something like that for my students to see. I am willing to pay all of your expenses if you are able to identify some items for my classroom.

Thank you for your time KC

Please, tell me more about this. What freight companies -- nationally known or ?? Do they take raw stock, unboxed -- your post made it sound that way.

I have never used a freight company myself. I have had customers arrange freight, but I had a warehouse then.

Thanks for the comment on my ebay auction.

I'm now off to scrap a bunch of wire ---old computer cables etc. I have to pay the rent in the next two days.

Look into your local freightliner trucking companies, or most any trucking company. Tell them what you have to ship and they will help you. Look in the yellow pages. It cost $$$ to ship this way, but far less than shipping computers one by one. Once they get it on a pallet, they can move it anywhere with ease. You can even ship to a local loading dock where your customer can pick up, unless they use a truck with a drop down lift. Then they can ship right to the front door. You might even be able to schedule a pick up at your storage place, if you have it all palletized and ready to go.

Look into your local freightliner trucking companies, .............

I've been away a few days and just got back. Thanks for the information.

I still have not decided that I really want to deal with these other than a person picking up the lot.

I have pretty much given up shipping anything that does not fit in an envelope or priority mail box.

I too, would be willing to take some of this lot as i could use some full heights and the half height mounting hardware. If interested shoot me a PM, i might be able to set something up *i work in air-cargo*

I implore you, as do probably many of us, dont just junk this:(

Last edited:
If you have not junked this stuff, I can take some of it off your hands I will be in the LA area April 1 - 5 and can haul it away, I live in Nor Cal and will be driving down there.

PM me if this sounds doable.

lutiana if you do that could you make sure to get the one thats got the hard drive that says IBM on it? a couple of full heights and half heights aswell? i dont care much for the chassis' unless it's the expansion unit with cards and cable, but i really want the drives

If you pick some up I'd love to get some, lutiana - I don't have a single 5150/5160/etc. whatsoever. What I'd really like is an XT-286 (or greater if they existed, ideal would be 486) with the old fashioned case and an expansion chassis. :) I'll pay if necessary. :)

Damnit why does he have to be so far away, lol. If he was within 200 miles I'd have considered trying to convince him to sell a few individual parts (I can't afford $3k lol).

If he were to sell the clone AT motherboards seperately, he could even fetch much more money, there just has to be some real good stuff in there!
If I were to live near him, I'd go there for a visit with my screwdriver and my wallet within a heartbeat!

Paying for shipping to The Netherlands alone would kill me lol, and not just financially!

Anyone want to try and put the cash together for me to pick them all up?

I mean Oxnard is only about 5 hours south of me.

Back