• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Copy II PC Deluxe Option Board

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
I'm not really looking to pay more than $100 - of course, I'd love to pay much less (or trade C= equipment if you're into that!) :)

The card won't be going on the resale/auction market, but will be used by myself and probably another forum member to create proper images of 5.25" booter floppies that aren't so easily imaged in their "exact" form. These will be both for preservation and distribution on a preservation-minded board that we both belong to.

Anybody got a spare lying around!? :)

The last sale didn't work out, so I'm still looking... anyone got a spare? I'm looking for one that's complete, not just card-only, as this is a want since they came out when I was in high school - i.e. long before I could afford one! :)

Hello -

I have TWO of these CopyIIpc Option Boards that I've saved over the years along with one manual, two 5 1/4 floppy diskettes with s/w and one 3.5 floppy diskette with s/w (version 5.4). I don't have diskette drives, just the boards, floppy cables and s/w. Both boards have "copyright 1987" printed on them and "Transcopy Version 3" on the main chip. I also have other versions of the software for this board - I just have to dig through archives to find them.

Anyone who wants them, write back on this thread.

Keith

Last edited:
Hey, Keith - thanks for your reply!

Have you got the box for any of these? - I'm actually in the market for a boxed card, or in lieu of that, the box/software/manuals :)

However if one of your bare cards have a toggle switch on the back of it, I'd be willing to strike a deal for the card-only on that one. Let me know.

I'm not sure what a box means? I have the box from Central Point that the card and s/w came in. I don't have the original PC it was in (a Sperry PC, 80286 I think).

No toggle switches on the back, but two sets of jumper switches on the front marked PC/XT-AT/COMPAQ and one set marked J6/DMA1-DMA2.

Darnit - now that I look at the 1/2 slot board, even then, they were making things in China!

Darnit - now that I look at the 1/2 slot board, even then, they were making things in China!

Oh heck, starting in about 1984, when the Taiwanese clones started coming out, most of the stuff was built overseas. IC manufacturers had gone offshore before that.

In the back of my mind, I believe that a Taiwanese outfit was an investor in Central Point when these cards were around.

I'm not sure what a box means? I have the box from Central Point that the card and s/w came in. I don't have the original PC it was in (a Sperry PC, 80286 I think).

No toggle switches on the back, but two sets of jumper switches on the front marked PC/XT-AT/COMPAQ and one set marked J6/DMA1-DMA2.

That's the box I was looking for :) Your original post said card/software/manuals; many people throw/threw away boxes to things to conserve space. I like having the box to the things I purchase.. you have private mail!

Back