• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What's your favorite game intro or song?

It should be noted that is the Delta title music, loosely based on Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass. There is a completely separate in-game music track inspired by Pink Floyd and more Glass, and I find that second tune even greater.

It should be noted that is the Delta title music, loosely based on Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass. There is a completely separate in-game music track inspired by Pink Floyd and more Glass, and I find that second tune even greater.

There's some resemblance, and I saw the statement om Wikipedia too.

When I was a kid I thought the Prince of Persia intro was very dramatic. Keep in mind I was 6 or 7 years old, and it was the first game my dad got that used the sound blaster board he had just put in. The intro had real (well, FM) music instead of bippety beeps!

I've also always liked the music from most of Epic's games such as Jill of the Jungle, Brix, and Jazz Jackrabbit.

Jill of the Jungle and Dark Ages were both interesting musically and sound effects were pretty cool for PC. Obviously they knew that in Jill since they had the sound player feature (can't find a video of it?!) heh.

That Return to Zork was kinda creepy. I think I have that somewhere but couldn't get it to play outside of an emulated environment so I gave up. Looks pretty interesting mixing animation with text adventure. That's what I loved about Ultima.

i know this thread is old, but i had to reply when i saw this! i love this game. i still have the original Return to Zork CD. it's really, really weird. and as mentioned, it's a damn creepy game. i was probably 10 when i first played it.

however, to answer the topic of this thread i think the best game intro is very easily the one from Ultima 6. never seen anything like it. it's so well done! truly a masterpiece of vintage gaming.

i just wish the game wasn't so painfully slow playing on an 8088. you need a 286 if you don't want to pull your hair out.

Back