• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

new retro computing magazine!

I just ordered mine. Is this published in U.S. or UK?

You could say it's a global concern... head office (wgoodf) is in Scotland, production and distribution is handled (by me) in Canada. If all goes well we'll be opening a branch office in the Cayman Islands ;-)

Anyway, thanks guys for the feedback!

After having read the magazine a couple of times, I must say that it is very nice. Nicely done, and interesting articles too.

I've been doing some writing for a local magazine focusing on 'geek culture' locally. My articles have tended to have a little more of a 'retro' flavor to them, and I've been generally dissatisfied with the magazine on the whole.

Makes me wish I'd been writing for something like this.

Good work, guys. I might have to pick up the next issue.

Can you believe it we managed to get issue two out!

www.300baudmagazine.com

Anyway- We have all original material, and now stand at 40 pages.
Bigger better and glossier!

WIN WIN WIN WIN!
Win a ROBOT!!
Yes really!

Content -
Online Destinations in the Era of 300 Baud by Michael H. McCabe

A Brief Look at Graphics in BASIC by Jeffrey Armstrong

Thinking About Interfacing (or Sticking Something into the Hole at the
Back) by Dale Goodfellow

Hack the Mac - and Introduction to Macintosh Programming Tools by Pekka
Sarkimo

RetroBits - Hot Chicks and Big Computers

A Short History of Pen Computing by David Greelish

Getting Down with Gopher by Rob Sayers

OS-9 by Aaron Wolfe

Our BBS Town by Greg Goodwin

Same price, even better retro value.

Tell you friends - Tell your mother - Tell your retro computer mailing list!

All the best.

*** orders received by the tuesday each week, UK time, will be processed
in about four days, then posted out***

Dale / Wgoodf

I'd have already ordered a copy, but apparently PayPal is broken at the moment (won't let me select a different shipping address). I enjoyed the first issue, as well as the Framebreaker CD included!

I'd have already ordered a copy, but apparently PayPal is broken at the moment (won't let me select a different shipping address). I enjoyed the first issue, as well as the Framebreaker CD included!

if need be you can just forward the alternative address to me by email if it continually fails.

regards

and thanks for the support!!

well the copies seem to be arriving around the world - so get those entires in.
WIN WIN WIN
ROBOT ROBOT ROBOT!

300baudmagazine.com

Well, if folk keep buying them...
and we can keep getting people to write for it...
then we will keep putting them out!

all the best and thanks for the feedback.
:-D

I've got an idea for an article you might be interested in...e-mails to follow.

Bonus: it'll be composed using my Kaypro II!

Got my copy of issue 2 a few days ago, and I must say I'm very impressed. Very high quality, both in packaging and contents! I will certainly buy any forthcoming issues! As time allows, I'll see if I can contribute with an article or two, also.

Got my copy of issue 2 a few days ago, and I must say I'm very impressed. Very high quality, both in packaging and contents! I will certainly buy any forthcoming issues! As time allows, I'll see if I can contribute with an article or two, also.

well that is very nice to hear indeed. give me a week and i will come a-knocking at your door!

regards

Just ordered my copy of issue two... Wish I had seen this in time to get a copy of the first issue as well :(

Just got back from vacation.. and what do I see sitting on my desk at work.. My Issue 2.

Very impressed. When's issue 3? :)

~Mark

Back