• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

new retro computing magazine!

wgoodf

Experienced Member
Ladles and Jellyspoons!

It is with great pleasure that this evening at 12 midnight UTC i am
able to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity.

An opportunity that you will, i hope in memory you will also share
with your children upon the time you reach and revel in your quiet
days of dotage.

An opportunity that i hesitate to actually speak.
Speak; for i fear that i am unworthy of the privilege and honor of
this announcement.

I know of no other way.... i will just utter forth...

www.300baudmagazine.com

There... it is done.

The announcement, the secret thing... a new retro computing magazine
has been birthed to the world, and you, you my comrades, brothers and
kin folk are here to share it with me.

Click on the link and see the marvel.

A marvel that is - 300 Baud Magazine - the newest retro computing
magazine, this side of the 21st century.

GO! - CLICK!! - BUY!!!

(costs for running of magazine - its the fun of it, not the cash)
((sorry for spamming - its the last time i will do this - apologies if
you get this twice.))

the user list from here? i dont have a user list from here?

delete the post if it causes such offense. my intention is not to cause a storm of annoyance, although some get annoyed quicker than others it seems.

buy delete away and i will wander off banished.

apologies for what its worth

If you did not get the user list from here, then where did you get it from?

Ah, I see now that you posted this message to another forum I frequent as well. Wherever you got your email list from, unless it specifically stated that it was an approved use of the list to send unsolicited emails, you should not have done so.

we are conducting this conversation in private email so should best avoid duplication here.

Moderators - if offense has been caused then please delete the thread. - If you also see fit to delete my account, then while i think it somewhat harsh and over the top, it is your site and you are of course free to do so.

regards

wgoodf

Anonymous - I don't have any spam in my email related to this. Can you explain what you think happened in more detail? We have a fairly significant list of users, but I didn't think it was that easy to get to.

the user list is related to the twice yearly retro computer challenge (retrochallenge.net), off which Anonymous Freak had previously signed up, thats why i have his email.

there has been no buying of a user list, no hacking of a user list, simply the emailing of information to people who had previously participated in the retrochallenge and who would perhaps be interested in buying a produced a 'for cost' community retro computing magazine.

That explains why I don't have the email

Anonymous - I don't think this is spam. It might not be a mailing directly related to the retro challenge, but it is a related topic at least. I would be far more upset if it was an Amway (or substitute your favorite multi-level marketing scheme here) sales pitch ...

Mike

Just got it in Saturday, I gotta say, it was very enjoyable to read. You guys did a great job. I actually learned a whole bunch of stuff from it. Anything that I can learn off of gets an A in my book.

:eek:well its nice to know that it wasn't terrible!:D

thanks for getting back, it is very much appreciated.

That explains why I don't have the email

I didn't get the email either, but then I'm very careful about what I sign up for (as we all should be - you never know what kind of email list you're going to get on, with a little click here and a click there).

EDIT: it looks interesting. If I order it, do I go on an email list (or do you not require an email address for the subscription)?

I didn't get the email either, but then I'm very careful about what I sign up for (as we all should be - you never know what kind of email list you're going to get on, with a little click here and a click there).

EDIT: it looks interesting. If I order it, do I go on an email list (or do you not require an email address for the subscription)?

the email list thing was a misunderstanding at the start.

as it stands we are doing it issue by issue, if you buy one then we would email you when issue two became available. i guess you could tell me not to do that. being amateurs we dont actually have a system for that, but i guess we could figure something out.
i could just delete your email i suppose.

Actually, if you could email me for issue 2 that would be great. I honestly forgot all about it until I went to the mailbox. It was a pleasant surprise, lol

It would also be cool if you set up a subscription in Paypal if you wanted. Although since it's not regular I don't know if you can just take out when necessary or not.

I pay my hosting bill to my host through a Paypal subscription.

Last edited:
got mine a few days ago too. I'd totally forgotten that I signed up for it, since it was totally spontaneous when I did it, and then it took a couple weeks to show up...
anyway, it's a lot of fun. it very much reminds me of reading 2600 magazine for the size, and yet it's so uber-dorky/geeky to read (and be fascinated by!) articles about things like paper punch tape. I love it.
I hope that someday I might even be able to write an article for it. Maybe I could do something about the trials and tribulations of making new hardware (XTIDE) for our old machines.

Just ordered a copy. As an amateur journalist myself, it's my pleasure to support someone else's fanzine. I am also curious as to whether or not the 'zine is produced here or in the UK.

Chris

Back