• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5153 Monitor For Sale - Working

pantheon

I tested this by plugging it in and the screen does go all white as predicted (on a working monitor).

So, now that we know this is a working monitor, I'm going to put this up for sale officially. If you're interested, please PM me.

Here are some pictures:

DSCN2563_s.JPG

DSCN2564_s.JPG

Where do you live?

The location of yours has great influence on the price of shipping, and in some cases how risky it is to ship it.

I tested this by plugging it in and the screen does go all white as predicted (on a working monitor).
That may be a good sign, but it's not really sufficient to confirm the monitor is working. There are plenty of possible failures which would only become apparent when the monitor is hooked up to a computer.

Thanks for the replies. As for the monitor working or not, since it has the all white screen, I'm going to assume that it will work, since it came directly out of a working environment when it was unplugged, and sat in a room untouched for many years, until I took it out to plug it in and test it. It does, however, appear to have some "burn-in" on the screen. Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory of being in a business environment, having the same inventory program running at all times.

As for shipping, I'm located in Southern California. If anyone local is interested, I'll make you a great deal if you can pick it up.

Thanks.

I still have this monitor. Anyone want to make any offers? I can ship it, and I'll pack it very well. Or you can pick it up if you're in Southern California.

Hey, I'm specifically in Upland, ZIP code 91784. PM me an offer if you're still interested. I'm going to put this up on eBay in the next few days if I don't hear from you. Thanks.

Is this still around? I just found out that I'll be going to California in October, so perhaps I could have it shipped to my brother's house (he lives in CA) and then pick it up when I go out west in Oct.

I'll make an offer and check into holding arrangements if it's still around.

If it is, have you come across any better way to test it - with a machine perhaps? :p

Shadow Lord -- sorry I didn't respond. You offered me $10 for the monitor, and I thought it was a joke. Please accept my apologies. Obviously, I'm looking for more for the monitor. Thank you for your offer.

Just a friendly FYI, please be aware that monitors are a hard sell.

1. It's not proven to be completely working as there is no pictures on the screen, as pointed out earlier.
2. Shipping is going to be atrocious for this. Shipping has approached stupid levels along with the prices of everything else in this hobby.
3. Speaking of shipping, this monitor will have to be packed very, very, very, very well for it to not be totally destroyed by the same high-rate shipping companies, which means extra shipping cost for the buyer.

So, I'm not saying you should only sell it for $10 or whatever if you don't want to, but be aware that eBay prices are not realistic, and it's always a huge gamble.

Yes, and for one more piece of friendly advice... never EVER use eBay as a pricing guide. Most older computer stuff on eBay is grossly overpriced, hence why it sits on there for months and months on end. For example, someone on here has a Pentium Packard Bell desktop for $35, which is completely reasonable, while on eBay, there is a similar one someone has listed under Buy It Now for $299. It's not going to sell anytime soon, and probably never at that price. Just like ISA Video cards aren't worth $75-100 unless it is an extremely rare one that everyone wants.

Shadow Lord -- sorry I didn't respond. You offered me $10 for the monitor, and I thought it was a joke. Please accept my apologies. Obviously, I'm looking for more for the monitor. Thank you for your offer.

Nope, completely serious for a monitor in unknown condition plus the the 50 mile drive each way... I would consider a little more depending on how clean it is in person but if you are looking for $100 or more for this I am not your buyer. There is a tested working one on eBay right now for $50 - 15% for fees and the guy gets $42.50 max (not counting his cost of packing, drive to USPS, etc.) and as everyone has pointed out eBay is a bit overpriced.

Back