• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sad Sad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Consult a professional.

2. Send all of your computers to me for safekeeping.

In no particular order.

btw, I think there's a lot more to the story.

"What? they got computers on that farm? Mount 'em up, boys, we got us an outlaw!"

Isn't it sad that this is what some people come to do... I feel that most problems in this world could be eliminated entirely if all people treated each other with a little respect and some common decency.

People are petty, if you report them for anything they will find something to stick it to you back.

Keeping old computers outdoors in CA is asking for problems with the local tree huggers, just like keeping an old clunker car on the curb in the city is an invitation for the cops.

UPDATE
They (the county) are back tracking a little. I have made several trips to the ewaste facility. I was told not to take the "cards" to the ewaste, but to find a metal recycler. I have been saving old motherboards, multifunction boards, etc etc for awhile. These were not outside but I thought they may come in handy some day. Since I hadn't used them in quite some time I pooled them together and I had 122 pounds. I drove 60 miles and got $186 for them. They made me stand over the pile and took my picture with them, copied my driver's license, took a thumb print and I can't cash the check until Monday.

I am planning on keeping more than one of the people said I should on advise of a professional.
thanks for the responses (It isn't over yet)
None of the outside computers were visible from anywhere other than my own property and none have ever been buried.
What hurt badly was the Kaypros and Osbornes that while not salvageable as working computers had some good parts that I was going to strip out. That really hurt.

Even storing electronic parts outside is a no-no. Things degrade and leak. You really don't want toxic metals leaching into the ground, do you?

At this point I think this is a private matter between you and the county. Besides getting a lawyer, I'd advise you to stop posting updates about it because if there really is a legal issue, what you are writing here might turn up again in a way you don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back