• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

FREE: Apple IIe manuals and programming books

meesh777

I have several owner's manuals for an Apple IIe computer, color monitor, and Imagewriter printer, as well as a few Apple BASIC graphics programming books, which I am offering for free to anyone interested. I no longer have the computer itself or any components, but recently discovered all these books. I would be happy to give them to anyone who can use them if you can just cover the cost of postage for me to mail them to you. Or, you could pick them up directly if you are in the Los Angeles area.

The books available are:

Apple IIe Owner's Manual

Apple IIe Reference Manual -- For IIe Only

Apple II Reference Manual Addendum: Monitor ROM Listings -- For IIe Only

Apple II ProDOS User's Manual

Apple IIe ProDOS Supplement to the Apple IIe Owner's Manual

Apple II 80-Column Text Card Manual -- For IIe Only

Apple IIe Super Serial Card Installation and Operating Manual

Apple ColorMonitor Installation Manual

Apple Imagewriter User's Manual, Part I: Reference

Apple II Imagewriter User's Manual, Part II: Guide to Apple II (2 copies)

Understanding Apple Graphics (1983)

BASIC Fun with Graphics the Apple Computer Way (1983)

There is also a "micro adventure" novel called "Doom Stalker" (1985) that includes 7 short programs in Apple Basic that you run as part of the story.

-----

Please post a reply if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!

jescis: if you can, please scan in the docs and provide digital copies if they aren't available yet. I have no docs for my Apple IIe. :p

Warning ... replies that should be in private messages are being deleted - read the guidelines!

(Jescis had his post deleted, as did one other person.)

jescis: if you can, please scan in the docs and provide digital copies if they aren't available yet. I have no docs for my Apple IIe. :p

That's a tremendous amount of work you are asking somebody to do. Maybe you should try to acquire these books, scan them, and host them as a service to others?

That's a tremendous amount of work you are asking somebody to do. Maybe you should try to acquire these books, scan them, and host them as a service to others?
Many of the Apple line of books are already scanned and are available here:
http://www.1000bit.it/support/manuali/manuali.asp
Pick "Apple Computer, Inc." and scroll down to the manual of your choosing...

I didn't mean to scan every single manual, I meant whichever aren't already available, as that's a pretty wide spread. I didn't really think about my wording as I wrote that, sorry.

Np - it just read a bit odd.

We've all got to do our part to preserve this stuff. One thing we need to be careful of is running afoul of copyright law. That's a much bigger consideration. In general, wholesale scanning of books isn't going to go over very well. (Unless you are Google and you have lawyers.)

Sorry, if I did anything wrong. I thought more of keeping me and his address' private ;-)

Well, it seems no one's interested in having the books so I guess I'll toss them out. I'm glad to hear that some of the vintage documentation is available online. Thanks to everyone who posted!

Dumb question but you DID check your private messages right? (Top right of website you should see a few notifications from folks asking for more information). I honestly thought they were spoken for/gone so I hadn't given it much more thought. If you aren't seeing the offers or things didn't work out though let us know, I'm sure they're worth saving for someone. I have a few and was going to speak up but again was letting others go for it first. If that's the scenario and you can do media mail I'm interested.

I'm still interested in them...

I'm still interested in them...

I'm still interested in them... I'm just in western Kentucky :-(

Can we communicate through e-mail if not pm?

Back