• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

UVic selling Vintage Terminals

No biggie, I had to wrap them anyway to get them out of my way.

I'll just wheel the pallet outside and you can take your time unwrapping them. Just leave the B-wrap in the box and I'll re-use.

We can discuss logistics when the deal closes.

Thanks,

Sorry you guys but my insurance broker is refusing to insure my car until I pay something like $700 to get my emissions output back in a specified limit. I don't have the money or the car to pick these up so if you want them, you better think fast on how to get them. They probably will not get relisted.

OMG, damn insurance companies are getting outright criminal these days....

Well, I guess I had better think fast about how I might be able to get out there, 1200+ kms one way though, aargh...

OMG, damn insurance companies are getting outright criminal these days....
The money is for the garage. I'm not necessarily insurance company friendly, but it does make sense to not insure something which is not legal for the road. In this case blame the government. Tuning for low emission is not easy without a gas analyser but sometimes it can be done. A lean mixture, high alcohol content gas, and running your engine hot before showing up for the test can save the day and is normal practice. However, it's a drag to have to go through the test and fail so you either have to think the gamble is worth it, or really know what you're doing. Also, if you have a rural address for your insurance then testing is not mandatory in this province.

It was a tune-up which was all I needed to get back on the road.
Unfortunately I just don' have the money now to pay for the trip which would be like $150. :/

Well, I decided that I'd throw in my bid now, and figure out how to get out there later, going to need to figure ot how to get a couple days off work.

Will pickup have to be on a weekday, or could a weekend pickup be arranged?

Back