• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

are these D.A.T.A.BOOK's garbage? 81-82

1ajs

Experienced Member
i duno anything about them are they garbage? theres 10 of them in total of a mix between 1981 82
bookso.jpg

The ones I have from the same time frame are still on my shelf. Not, notably, in the garage.

If you never repair your own printed circuit boards you may consider finding a home for them. They're not trash.

I see several books there, with the top two being for diodes and SCRs. What are the remainder?

I like to use paper books when working on things. Almost certainly, this stuff is available online, but is not nearly as convenient for bench use.

I've so often looked for an obsolete component online & not found it. Old data/equivalents books are worth hanging on to.

Yes, these are useful in board-level repairs of Osbornes & Heathkits.

If you've got a bad part, you can look up its specifications and select a substitute part if the original isn't available.

Or, when troubleshooting, you can find out what a part should be doing and compare that to how it looks in circuit.

At a simpler level, you can look up exactly what it is and what type of package its in to help you order another one just like it. For example, if you have to replace a power supply transistor, you call up the parts house and say, "I want a TIP-35C transistor." Then they say, "You want TO-3 or TO-218?" You can look up your part in the book ahead of time and know which it is.

i have

interface intergrated circuts march 82
intergrated circut discontinued devices july 1981
microcomputer systems may 1982
thyristor march 1982
memory intergrated circuts sept 1981
microprosessor intergrated circuts june 1981
linear intergrated circuts dec 1981
digital intergrated circuts dec 1981
microprosessor intergrated circuts dec 1981
diode dec 1981

Sweet!

That's a great set of basic references for older computer hardware. The time frame is right, too. Late enough to have some of the 16 bit devices in, but not so late that the significant early 8-bit devices have been pushed out.

Back