• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hp 200lx

TanruNomad

Veteran Member
I find it pretty amazing that there are always so many of these guys selling on ebay at any given time and they always sell for over $100 with many bids. For something so old and so plentiful, its pretty crazy there's always such a high demand for them and on top of that, that demand is being satisfied.

I still have one, which I purchased new back in the day.

Nowadays, I'm more interested in the 1000CX as a DOS palmtop. It's less cluttered without the business apps and I find the black case more attractive than the green of the 200LX.

1000CXs seem to be scarcer and generally sell for even more than 200LXs on eBay.

Never used the 1000CX model, but they are definitely more scarce. I use the the HP 700LX. It's a beastly thing, huge and awkward compared to its counterparts, but has a nice charm to it.

...For something so old and so plentiful, its pretty crazy there's always such a high demand for them...

Possibly something to do with usefulness? Just a wild guess... :)

Jack

...For something so old and so plentiful, its pretty crazy there's always such a high demand for them...

Possibly something to do with usefulness? Just a wild guess... :)

Jack
Yes, but after so many years, I'd figure that demand would taper off a bit. Trust me, I'm glad to see so many old school computer collectors out there, just surprised is all.

Yes, but after so many years, I'd figure that demand would taper off a bit. Trust me, I'm glad to see so many old school computer collectors out there, just surprised is all.

That was also my thought,but I never saw the price to drop.I bought mine 6 years ago from ebay for about 100$ and a second one 2 months ago for only 30 euros from a local greek auction site(thanks god no one in Greece knows about it and I was the only bidder).My guess is that the price is so high because it is an old HP item...

I loved my LX.

I loved my LX.

I bought a 200LX in college. Was great for programming class, so I didn't have to rely on the flaky networked compiler.

Also liked playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on it, and got Windows 3.0 up and running, too.

Back