• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM ThinkPad 750Cs Laptop free to a good home??

JK43232

Hello all,

I have an old IBM ThinkPad 750Cs laptop along with the IBM Docking Station that included a CD-ROM and speakers.

Is there any interest in this??

It has a 80486DX processor
336MB Hard Drive
2.88MB Floppy
12K RAM (I Believe...) MAKE THAT 12MB :)

I am about to send it to recycling unless someone wants it.

I am in Ohio if anyone wants to pick it up otherwise the shipping would have to be covered.

Thanks

John

Last edited:
YGPM. I'm interested only in a single part which would be removed, so if someone wants the whole unit please speak up.

...along with the IBM Docking Station that included a CD-ROM and speakers...

Both the "Dock I" and the "Dock II" had a CD-ROM drive and speakers...

But you are probably talking about the larger Dock II...

It is a Dock 1.

As big as the Dock 1 is I hate to think how big the "larger Dock 2" was....

It is a Dock 1.

As big as the Dock 1 is I hate to think how big the "larger Dock 2" was....

There is a chance I am reversing them in my mind too. The larger dock is a full-sized CD-ROM in the bay, the smaller unit has a particular slim-line drive (it isn't adapted from a ThinkPad bay, and has a flat rectangular faceplate). If I could get good images from the Net I would post them (newer versions pop up instead).

It has a full sized CD drive in it. The Dock stands about twice as high as the ThinkPad does.

I would post a pic but not sure how to on this site... does not seem to be as easy and pointing to the location on the hard drive.

It has a full sized CD drive in it. The Dock stands about twice as high as the ThinkPad does...

The 750/755 expansion port is the same as many of the other Thinkpads and IBM tablets of the same era. One exception is the comparable dock for the 700/700C/720/720C because they are microchannel-based. There are also ISA slots in the dock you have.

I'm up for taking the whole kebob off of your hands - Kishy, what part were you wanting? (i.e. will it still be USABLE afterwards!?:)

Hi all,

I think I have a taker already... just got the message...

Will let you know if it falls thru...

Thanks

John

Back