• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Advice with ISA IDE-FD-Bios Card - Silicon Valley/Goldstar

It does indeed sound like it's at least partially working... it may just be that it doesn't have a user-accessible setup, some of those things relied entirely on autodetection. You'd think it'd at least give some sort of summary message of what drives are attached to it, though.

Also, perhaps relevant, what sort of drive do you have hooked to it? Is it the CF you mentioned before, or something else?

Using the link i included, i disabled the cards bios, sure enough no on screen post. I'm going to place the jumper back where it should be.

I dont have any dos disks, i only have the generic CMOS setup program on a floppy. i've ordered a batch of blank floppies to get dos sorted.

However, i thought i had to access the ISA cards bios to tell it what drive i've connected and also be able to access more then 512mb. As the Sharp 7200 is only a 286. Infact the largest partition the setup program gives me is 118mb.

update

Its the 1gb maxtor i had laying around..i used the generic setup disk i got with the machine and tried setting up a hdd. When it boots, it pauses after the memory test..blinking "_" and then says "hard drive failure"

Probably because it's not formatted

I'll re enable the bios on the card and try the setup once more, see if it offers a large size then 118mb

The isn't exactly the machines setup, i think it's just a generic setup program, As it asked for a donating, i like the program whenever i quit.

But yes, after disabling the cards onboard bios. I tried using the setup disk, just to test IF the machine see's it at all.

I think it does, i just need the 32 floppies i bought on ebay to arrive, so i can make a setup disk.

Back